Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Plans & Publications
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2020, 10:20 AM
Apollo Nut

Default Enerjet Brochure and Shock Cord Fastener

Attached are scans of a four page Enerjet brochure covering the then new Enerjet line. I picked this up last summer and it is a brochure that I personally had never seen before. Thought that the Enerjet fans here would like to see it.

It is an 11 x 17 sheet folded in half providing for four pages.

On the cover page is Larry Brown holding a Pteradactyl glider. The other person at the launch rack I do not know.

On page two (inside left page as it is opened) shows a fairly young Grant Boyd with an Aerodart on an LIA-77 launcher. I understand that Grant passed away in May, 2018 from Parkinson's Disease in Arizona. I never met Grant, but it seems he was one of the key personnel that kept Centuri going through the mid-to latter 70s. He was R&D Director at Centuri from what I recall. I always enjoyed his material in the Rocket Times newsletters that Centuri published back in those days. The other pages show some interesting photos of Enerjet product.

The final item is a scan of an Enerjet shock cord fastener. For those who were accustomed to the standard Centuri fastener from the very early 70s, it is interesting to see how much larger the Enerjet version is. Strangely, Enerjet kits also used 1/8" elastic shock cord like their smaller Centuri siblings. One would think with a fastener this big, they would have jumped up to 3/16", if not 1/4" material. From the Enerjet kits I have, not so.

Earl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Centuri Standard and Enerjet SCF.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  601.3 KB  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Early Enerjet Flyer-1.pdf (525.5 KB, 124 views)
File Type: pdf Early Enerjet Flyer-2.pdf (552.1 KB, 111 views)
File Type: pdf Early Enerjet Flyer-3.pdf (543.0 KB, 101 views)
File Type: pdf Early Enerjet Flyer-4.pdf (652.5 KB, 104 views)
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970