Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Mission Control
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2021, 03:31 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone
Default MSRS Launch at Shelby Farms, Memphis TN - February 6, 2021

Great day for flying rockets and meeting some YORFers!

The second picture is my Sunward Desert Fox that Faithwalker talked me into flying and Tigerhawk was so kind to provide a parachute for. Flew great on a C6-3.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_6262.PNG
Views: 51
Size:  1.97 MB  Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_6264.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  202.8 KB  
Old 02-06-2021, 05:22 PM
Dazed and Confused

Don, I was worried you came back to YORF just to sell off all your stuff. I'm glad to see you've been out punching holes in the sky!
Old 02-06-2021, 05:29 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
Don, I was worried you came back to YORF just to sell off all your stuff. I'm glad to see you've been out punching holes in the sky!

Faithwalker wanted one of my kits so we met there since it might be a few weeks faster than USPS. Wasn't planning on flying but brought my Desert Fox because he didn't seem familiar with it. And, of course, with a little urging by Jeff and the loan of a realllly nice parachute from TigerShark (didn't need motors because I brought about a hundred I was hoping to sell), decided to do a maiden launch. Oh, the smell of black powder in the morning air!
Old 02-09-2021, 12:53 AM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by barone
Faithwalker wanted one of my kits so we met there since it might be a few weeks faster than USPS. Wasn't planning on flying but brought my Desert Fox because he didn't seem familiar with it. And, of course, with a little urging by Jeff and the loan of a realllly nice parachute from TigerShark (didn't need motors because I brought about a hundred I was hoping to sell), decided to do a maiden launch. Oh, the smell of black powder in the morning air!

Hi Don,
It was great to finally meet you. I'm glad you came and flew your very nicely built Sunward Desert Fox at the MSRS Launch on Saturday. It turned out to be an impressive successful maiden flight. It was a good flying day and a really nice time of fellowship. You were extremely kind to me by providing the Estes #2445 Mini Max kit 9.75 inch long version with the Balsa Nose Cone that I was seeking, plus, you overwhelmed me by your kindness in allowing me to purchase your amazingly built Roachwerks 1/12th scale 4x24mm Nike Hercules kit. It was truly an honor to meet you! Thank you for all your kindness!! It is greatly appreciated!

It was also a great joy to see the thrill and excitement of your precious seven year old granddaughter, as she got to push the launch button for several of the flights that day, including yours! I know it must make your heart overflow to have her and your family with you that day. You are a very blessed man.

I was glad and blessed to also meet TigerHawk at the MSRS Launch, too! TigerHawk graciously and kindly provided some great looking BAMA Recovery Systems thin mill parachutes for both Don and me at the MSRS Launch. The BAMA camo chute that TigerHawk provided Don was perfect with his Desert Fox and provided some outstanding results. I'll be using one of those BAMA camo chutes that TigerHawk provided me on my next Patriot Missile and Cruise Missile flights. Thank you, Dan!! Both you and Don are the best, truly amazing gentlemen!!

Kind regards,
Jeff Jenkins
aka: Faithwalker
NAR #46879 SR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Roachwerks_4x24mm_Nike_Hercules_and_Estes_2445_Mini_Max_new.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  88.9 KB  

Last edited by Faithwalker : 02-09-2021 at 01:25 AM.