Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2007, 09:57 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
If I had to guess, I would not bet on home improvement with the mallet, but I cannot say for sure what SHE planned, only SHE can.

Wanna bet?

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 02-08-2007, 09:20 AM
Cosmic American

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
I am a FIRM believer in NOT trying ANYONE in the court of public opinion; quite frankly I think there should be a law against revealing ANYTHING about any arrests until the trial (if it happens) is over; that way those innocent do not have their reputations ruined by zealotous prosecutors

Or a sensation seeking, unconcerned media that picks at anything it can for a story like a vulture with no regard for the very real daily lives of those involved. I agree 100%.

EDIT: Well, not 100%... though it would be if circumstances were ideal. The way things are now there would be a lot of shady taking advantage of being able to do things in isolation from public opinion. This particular case would probably not be of grand public concern enough to make a difference, but something like say the Enron stuff SHOULD be known by the public so that we know "they" are not doing some kind of good ol boy protection.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:25 AM
FlisKits, Inc.

Frankly, i'm concerned that they are charging her with attempted 1st degree murder instead of attempted kidnapping because I think she can beat that rap.

It will be VERY hard to prove attmepted murder when your weapon of choice was an unloaded BB gun (the mallet and knife were in the car and not on her person).

However, it is very conceivable that someone could pull off a kidnapping with an unloaded BB gun. The penalties are very high with attempted kidnapping and I think it was foolish for them to change the charge.

Bottom line though, she certianly has a good insanity plea available to her, that's for sure...

Toad's Tavern - http://toadstavern.com/
Personal site - http://jflis.com/
Old 02-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Master Modeler

How soon until this shows up on an episode of Law & Order?
Old 02-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Old Rocketeer

Well the only "steel mallet" I have been able to find is either a meat tenderizer mallet or a type of golf club. Neither of those would be useful for a kidnapping as far as I could see. But they both would be good for beating someone . Or they could be misnaming a 5 lb sledge hammer. Which would only be good for something like pounding stakes in the ground o tie someone up on. If you had stakes and rope. Or pounding someones head in.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by falingtrea
Well the only "steel mallet" I have been able to find is either a meat tenderizer mallet or a type of golf club. Neither of those would be useful for a kidnapping as far as I could see. But they both would be good for beating someone . Or they could be misnaming a 5 lb sledge hammer. Which would only be good for something like pounding stakes in the ground o tie someone up on. If you had stakes and rope. Or pounding someones head in.

These are media folk that have never been in a workshop, much less own any tools. What they are calling a steel mallet could be dang near any kind of hammer. Ball peen, claw, sledge, M.C., Arm &......
Old 02-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Wink Beef vs. Dairy Critters

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
These are media folk that have never been in a workshop, much less own any tools. What they are calling a steel mallet could be dang near any kind of hammer.
Today I had to dig up file video of "cattle." I managed to locate pictures of some black and white (dairy) cows, and *then* I read the copy for the news story. It mentioned that *beef* prices appeared to be headed down.

So I had to start all over and wrangle up some video of red (beef) cattle. Fortunately, the Idaho Beef Council had sent us some pictures of said cattle both on the hoof *and* on the grill. (insert "salivating" emoticon)

So even as a former farm boy, this particular "media folk" gets tripped up on rare occasions.

Reminds me of the Western novel written by a guy who didn't know that a pistol, a rifle, and a shotgun *weren't* all interchangeable synonyms for "gun."

Cheers,
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

"I think about organizing things all the time. Never seems to happen. I find something that piques my interest and I'm off on a quest. Or a Centuri. "

--Bill Eichelberger, 02/22/2022

“Centuri fret buzz in an updated form.”
Bill “Wallyum” Eichelberger re: Estes Flutter-By
03 Sept 2014
Old 02-08-2007, 10:28 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflis
Bottom line though, she certianly has a good insanity plea available to her, that's for sure...

No doubt. Her next mission is going to be in a rubber shuttle.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 02-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Cosmic American

Funny after mentioning govt mind scrambling experiments... I was just listening to Coast To Coast AM and their "science advisor" Richard C. Hoagland was talking about smelling something fishy with this story and thinking that there may well be some form of NASA plot involved. He couldn't tie the loose ends together, but he was talking about the ISS being in some pretty serious political trouble and NASA secretly wanting to doom it so they can ground the space shuttle (which they can't do as long as the ISS is active) and re-alocate all of the funds towards going back to the moon.

I wasn't listening close enough to catch all of the details, so I can't say whether or not it would sound any less crazy if I had all of his take, nor how this chick ties into the proposed grand scheme.