Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Mission Control
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2020, 05:42 PM
Too Many Initiators is Never Enough

Default NARAM-62 Postponed

The NAR posted yesterday that NARAM-62 is being postponed until 2021:

"NARAM 62 Update: The COVID-19 pandemic creates significant uncertainty associated with holding our planned summer events. Therefore, the NAR is postponing NARAM 62 and will hold it in 2021."

This year's NSL is still on track but a final decision will be made on May 6th.
Old 04-10-2020, 04:50 AM
Wasted away again.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initiator001
The NAR posted yesterday that NARAM-62 is being postponed until 2021:

"NARAM 62 Update: The COVID-19 pandemic creates significant uncertainty associated with holding our planned summer events. Therefore, the NAR is postponing NARAM 62 and will hold it in 2021."

This year's NSL is still on track but a final decision will be made on May 6th.

So much for getting together Bob! Oh well...…..
Old 04-10-2020, 06:11 AM
Level 3

Talk about fear. That event wasn't scheduled until July. I guess we all need to just crawl in a hole until 2020 is over
Old 04-10-2020, 10:07 AM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Talk about fear. That event wasn't scheduled until July. I guess we all need to just crawl in a hole until 2020 is over

Sadly, we are living with a still somewhat unknown entity. Even as late as July, I suspect we are still going to see some number of areas in the country with relatively high numbers. We *might* even see some places that have already relaxed social distancing measures and are seeing case numbers go right back up. We just don't know. NObody knows. For those who have to make decisions to cancel events like this, it's got to be extremely hard in many instances.

This will all pass...one day. I'm not being a doomsayer, but I think however *that* day is probably a little further in the distance than we all really would want to consider right now. I think there is still waaaaay too much 'leaking' in the measures that have been put into place by many states and municipalities. If EVERYONE doesn't abide AND do a good and proper job at it, this will drag on and on and on. We are only as good as the weakest link.

If four out of five in a household are doing a good and proper job at personal protection and one is not, then the efforts of the other four are largely wasted. Locally, just in my neighborhood, I see a LOT of social distancing faux pas's (es??) and am hearing anecdotal stories of the same from others. Having said that, the measures are helping to flatten the curve some and projected case numbers are being revised downward in some instances.

Until this is over however, many aspects of life are just gonna suck and there is really no other way to put it. Already we have lost one of our own here on YORF. And over 17,000 other families across the country are also dealing with the loss of a family member. And that number is rising to the tune of almost 2000 per day. The rest of us have much to be thankful for if we can keep ourselves and the rest of our family members out of that category.

Be safe everyone...every day.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970