Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Model Rocket History
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2020, 02:59 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by zielijo1
Some from my collection. That is a thunderbolt, lots from pro jet, prob prototypes G120. Enerjets. Mini max. Have bunch of old Estes, Centuri, and foreign motors from 1980 world championships. Any idea of their worth? For any?

The Enerjet and the large Mini-Max would probably push about $100 each. The smaller Mini Max E's would probably go for $70-$80 each or so. The others not too sure about, but they would fetch a decent dollar or two.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 07-23-2020, 03:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Some from my collection. That is a thunderbolt, lots from pro jet, prob prototypes G120. Enerjets. Mini max. Have bunch of old Estes, Centuri, and foreign motors from 1980 world championships. Any idea of their worth? For any?

That FSI F32 THUNDERBOLT motor is very rare. In the mid-1970's I saw Doug Pratt fly one in a FSI Black Brant II, at one of our BCMRA launches in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

A very unusual Thrust Curve for that motor . . . I am unsure of it's grain design !

Dave F.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  FSI F32 THUNDERBOLT.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  108.3 KB  
Old 07-24-2020, 07:58 AM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Default ACS Reaction Labs

Here is a photo of some of The Reaction Labs motors.

F-57 29mm
G-78 29mm
H-160 38mm
Early H-160 38mm

Reaction Labs was started by Don Carter and Mark Weber (Hope this is correct) I actually picked up some motors from Don and his wife many many years ago. Actually two of the nicest people I have ever met.

Reaction Labs also sold the Whirlwind E motor for a very short time. Had a very nice (if short) catalog also. I will see if I have a picture of them or I will take one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  100_0785.JPG
Views: 83
Size:  462.0 KB  
Old 07-24-2020, 10:45 AM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Some from my collection. That is a thunderbolt, lots from pro jet, prob prototypes G120. Enerjets. Mini max. Have bunch of old Estes, Centuri, and foreign motors from 1980 world championships.
I am really fond of the Crown F67-12 and E30-8 motors those were my introduction into composites. Mine all had the red and white label same as yours and I have seen the earlier SSRS that didn’t have a label that just had the handwritten catalog numbers on the casing. I flew a lot of F67’s and that to me was the original bad ass motor for the near minimum diameter Crown Lasor134, NCR Hypersonic 1100 and AAA LaserSonic 1350 kits that I had. I loved the old school low smoke composite fuels and the amazing altitudes that I could achieve with those motors in smaller rockets.
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates
Old 07-24-2020, 12:37 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Hi, the crown F67 and composite dynamics/ pro jet were my first composites. I recently used a 40 yr old motor. Pro jet great E30, F45. Crown F67 didn’t eject n crashed
Jz
Old 07-24-2020, 02:26 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

I'm down to only a few CD Pro-Jets left. I know I have at least two E20's, two F45s, and maybe four F40s. I used to fly one a year until about 2005. They always worked and never bonus-delayed.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 05-06-2021, 07:25 AM
rocket dinosaur

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas Russell
I would also include my appreciation of Sheryl and Carl. They graciously hosted John Dyer of Red River Rocketry and me years ago for a visit after an East Coast NARAM. Not only did we get to see the day to day efforts of SEMROC, but the early works on a motor machine. Recently I was looking for some small tubes and was puzzled by a couple. Realized they were tubes Carl gave us that he had for planned 13mm B motors like the old Centuri motors. He is truly missed.

This actually leads to the next picture which includes an extra Estes 1/2A from a Standards and Testing session, a SEMROC A8-3 from 1970, a C6-5 sample from a make your own ad in Popular Science or Mechanics from the late '69s or early '70s (two motors one of which failed when static tested hence the red stripes and they came with a small rocket like an 18mm Mosquito with Popsicle stick fins - still have the small hardwood nose cone), Rocket Supply Company A6-0 motor with no date - also a test stand fail, Cox D8-3 from 1972 - great motor that varied from 11 to 13 nt-sec in a standard case (only booster and dash 3 delays), and two AAA Pyrotechnical Research motors - a B6-4 and C6-5. No date code, but the adhesive wrap suggests relabeling. Looks like Estes nozzle. AAA was famous for early HPR kits.

The Rocket Supply Co motor was a re-labeled Estes motor. Estes sold then thousands of motors back then.
Old 05-06-2021, 11:46 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Default ACS/Reaction Labs motor

I have found out more info on my 42mm (1.625") ACS/Reaction Labs motor. The ejection charge was removed before I got it, and the disc with motor designation got lost. I was doing some browsing around on the ninfinger.org rocket page (http://www.ninfinger.org/rockets/rockets.html), and (among other great older rocket catalogs) there was an ACS/Reaction Labs catalog from 1987. From size, it appears that my motor was most likely an H160. Size is called out as 1.65" x 7.5", so a little shorter than the 8" I measured. The catalog calls out 320ns total impulse, 2.15s duration, propellant weight of 160g and available delay times of 6, 9, 15 and 20 seconds.
Old 05-07-2021, 09:48 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Wow.
That thing is a 100% H.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !