Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scigs30
Carl, What type of body tube are you looking at making? White vs Brown? Exhaust hole? Thanks for your hard work. David

White parallel wound like the original. Three vent holes, also like the original.
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com
Old 01-07-2008, 01:05 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Three vent holes huh ?
I always thought the original had only ONE vent hole due to the fact that my two originals had only one....these were late 70's/early 80's yellow skill-level header card kits.

Did this change at some point during the Estes production run ?

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 01-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

The original had three holes because the engines at the time had paper caps that could block a single hole. They were hand punched along the lines pre-marked for the fins. Later versions had a single hole.

The Golden Scout will have three holes, plus the smaller punch for the engine hook, like the earliest version. The extra holes also help vent the modern ejection charges better than one hole.
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com

Last edited by Carl@Semroc : 01-07-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:13 PM
BAR

Default Golden Scout

Put me down for 3, One to fly with it's 1499 buddies, One to fly at the home field and one to keep as a kit! Such a great project. I really appriciate all the work and time everyone is putting into this project. Hope to see them available soon. Boy that would be neat to get Vern's signature. Wonder how long it would take him to sign 1500 rockets? I'm just thinking out loud
Old 01-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Master Modeler

Vern and Gleda will be signing participation certificates ahead of time and other items at NARAM.

As carl has mentioned, the Golden scout kits are planned for release before NARCON. Keep in mind, only a limited amount of Golden Scouts with serial numbers, so, order early as these will be to honor Vern and Gleda on the 50th anniversary.

RD
Old 01-07-2008, 05:05 PM
Forest Sprite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Doctor
Vern and Gleda will be signing participation certificates ahead of time and other items at NARAM.

As carl has mentioned, the Golden scout kits are planned for release before NARCON. Keep in mind, only a limited amount of Golden Scouts with serial numbers, so, order early as these will be to honor Vern and Gleda on the 50th anniversary.

RD

This sounds like a really great project that perfectly befits the occasion. Even if it turns out that I can't make it to NARAM, I will do whatever it takes (short of robbing a bank) to get one of those registered kits and get it back by the deadline.

Mark
Mark S. Kulka NAR #86134 L1,_ASTRE #471_Adirondack Mountains, NY
Opinions Unfettered by Logic • Advice Unsullied by Erudition • Rocketry Without Pity
+09281962-TAK-08272007+
SAM # 0011
Old 01-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark II
This sounds like a really great project that perfectly befits the occasion. Even if it turns out that I can't make it to NARAM, I will do whatever it takes (short of robbing a bank) to get one of those registered kits and get it back by the deadline.

Mark

Mark
That sounds great, there will be many who cannot attend NARAM 50, but, will be able to participate by purchasing Golden Scouts and the Flight Packs to go along with them.
RD
Old 01-07-2008, 11:47 PM
BAR

Default Golden Scouts

Ken
I can not attend but put me down for two Golden Scouts Flight Packs. WOW I can't wait to get started . I will also be including a small decal or sticky of our state flag (Washington State) on one of the fins or Body. Sure would be nice if all states jumped on the bandwagon. Thank You and SEMROC for all the work you have put into this project .

BAR
John
Old 01-08-2008, 07:54 AM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnwwa
Ken
I can not attend but put me down for two Golden Scouts Flight Packs. WOW I can't wait to get started . I will also be including a small decal or sticky of our state flag (Washington State) on one of the fins or Body. Sure would be nice if all states jumped on the bandwagon. Thank You and SEMROC for all the work you have put into this project .

BAR
John

Yeah, at least one rocket from each state....50 states.....50th anniversary....does someone see a connection here...?
Old 01-08-2008, 08:01 AM
German Model Rocket Builder

Smile

You forgot the state of Bavaria

My rocket fleet and more @ Leo's Leisure Site and on YouTube - My latest project: ALTDuino