Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > BARCLONE > Announcements
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2009, 04:04 PM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Default Starting A Rumor...

I'm curious about something...

Suppose for the wildest moment that I have given serious consideration to packaging up some of these BARCLONE designs as full-blown kits. Suppose, at least for the moment, that the economic situation we currently face somehow did not adversely affect the potential for good sales. Suppose, also, that I want these kits to sell quickly, not just sit on a shelf and languish, and thus I want these kits to be of the designs that builders really want to purchase.

Lots of supposition there, I know...

I would like for everyone to look over the catalog we now have available, and make some nominations for those designs you think would have the best potential for selling quickly, offering builders the models they really want. These don't have to be limited to just the ones with my name on them, either. Pick the ones you like, regardless of the designer.

I would really like to know if we have something to offer the public beyond our forum members. Pick several designs and nominate them here. When enough nominations are posted, I'll put them together into a poll to see which ones are considered "Best In Show".

Thanks!

BARCLONE Rocketry -- http://barclone.rocketshoppe.com
BARCLONE Blogsite -- http://barclone.wordpress.com
BARCLONE Forum -- BARCLONE Forum

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635
Old 03-02-2009, 09:51 PM
BAR 13790

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw

Suppose for the wildest moment that I have given serious consideration to packaging up some of these BARCLONE designs as full-blown kits.
I would like for everyone to look over the catalog we now have available, and make some nominations for those designs you think would have the best potential for selling quickly, offering builders the models they really want.

If the price is right, this will be a great idea. The worst downside will be hiding new kits from the wife

One idea would be to take the poll and allow people to pre-order (similar to the BMS clone of the month).

The only other problem is finding the time to go though the hundreds of designs!
Old 03-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Just another BAR!

Quote:
... Pick the ones you like, regardless of the designer. ...

Craig,

How would you see this working? The designers still retain all rights to their individual designs. I can't imagine this changes because a design was posted to Barclone. I think its an interesting idea, just need more details on execution.

... Bill
Old 03-02-2009, 10:45 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
I'm curious about something...

Suppose for the wildest moment that I have given serious consideration to packaging up some of these BARCLONE designs as full-blown kits. Suppose, at least for the moment, that the economic situation we currently face somehow did not adversely affect the potential for good sales. Suppose, also, that I want these kits to sell quickly, not just sit on a shelf and languish, and thus I want these kits to be of the designs that builders really want to purchase.

Lots of supposition there, I know...

I would like for everyone to look over the catalog we now have available, and make some nominations for those designs you think would have the best potential for selling quickly, offering builders the models they really want. These don't have to be limited to just the ones with my name on them, either. Pick the ones you like, regardless of the designer.

I would really like to know if we have something to offer the public beyond our forum members. Pick several designs and nominate them here. When enough nominations are posted, I'll put them together into a poll to see which ones are considered "Best In Show".

Thanks!

Another Rumor dismissed, I am not dead, yet, although I feel that way as I have the 7 day flu . Seems like every time I fly on plane I end up becoming ill in some way .

I have always wanted to put the above to our members here to see what they like best of all the designs. I have never had the courage to ask this question.

Craig, are you thinking Semroc Parts Packs or full blow Kits( Decal, Instruction, etc..)

James Pierson
NAR# 77907
Old 03-02-2009, 10:57 PM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkt2k1
Craig,

How would you see this working? The designers still retain all rights to their individual designs. I can't imagine this changes because a design was posted to Barclone. I think its an interesting idea, just need more details on execution.

... Bill

Very much so, Bill. Each designer retains their full rights to their design(s). Right now, I'm looking for a list of which designs would be more desirable as a kit. It's a big "What If?", just something to use as a guide. There are a lot of designs in the BARCLONE project which might be great kits, while others are just conceptualized tinkerings.

Rumors. Just rumors. Not lies, just rumors.

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635
Old 03-02-2009, 11:04 PM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Pierson
Another Rumor dismissed, I am not dead, yet, although I feel that way as I have the 7 day flu . Seems like every time I fly on plane I end up becoming ill in some way .

Yikes, I'd better get the florist back and cancel that sympathy wreath...

Quote:
I have always wanted to put the above to our members here to see what they like best of all the designs. I have never had the courage to ask this question.

Craig, are you thinking Semroc Parts Packs or full blow Kits( Decal, Instruction, etc..)

Let's presume for the sake of discussion we're talking about full-blown kits with waterslide decals, laser-cut fins, artwork cards and instruction sheets. The real-deal. Bags on peg hooks.

Remember, it's just a rumor I'm starting. Just tickling the surface of the pond, so to speak.

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635
Old 03-03-2009, 10:04 AM
BAR Wannabee

Send a message via MSN to JRThro Send a message via Yahoo to JRThro

Quote:
Let's presume for the sake of discussion we're talking about full-blown kits with waterslide decals, laser-cut fins, artwork cards and instruction sheets. The real-deal. Bags on peg hooks.
Craig, because I'm apparently not as smart as I think I am, where can we find a list with pictures, etc., of all the designs you're talking about?
John Thro, NAR #84553 SR
I was too old when I started! Now I'll *never* become a BAR!
Old 03-03-2009, 11:02 AM
Craftsman

Here are a few that I like in no specific order

Argo
Blue Sneak
Cloud Scooter
Zorchou
Flitter
EIRP #77 Stratos
Sky Wolf
Privateer
Slamm Jett Version 3
Interceptus Maximus
GSS Horizon
Nova
Drakken (i like space fighters!)
Antares
Clone Probe
Tiercel
Orion Cruiser
XF-13D Jaguar
Hostile Intentions
Starlighter Shuttle (make it happen craig! )

Last edited by InFlight : 03-03-2009 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:29 AM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRThro
Craig, because I'm apparently not as smart as I think I am, where can we find a list with pictures, etc., of all the designs you're talking about?

Use THIS LINK to locate each of the messages where the best (or final) version of a given design was posted. Most, if not all, of these messages have the 3D rendering from RockSim included.

BARs helping BARs

SAM 0044
AMA 352635
Old 03-03-2009, 09:41 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Pick several designs and nominate them here.

Thanks!

I'll pick one for now and contribute a few others to the list at a later time .....

I nominate the Cherokee Double-D

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=157

This thread was started about the time I first joined YORF and there was enough interest in this model at that time that several forum members built it. There are templates, parts list, fin alignment guide and a nice set of illustrated instructions included in the ten page .pdf brochure at the BARCLONE "proven designs" link that could be folded and packaged up and put in the bag with the parts ..... it's pretty much all there waiting for parts and ready to go. The builders in that thread produced beautiful models of this design.

http://barclone.rocketshoppe.com/proven.htm

The popularity of the original Cherokee D and the welcomed addition of a multi stage design add to this models interest.

This would be my first choice nomination.

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates