Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2009, 08:27 AM
BAR Wannabee

Send a message via MSN to JRThro Send a message via Yahoo to JRThro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRThro
I hope to see one in my mailbox soon.

Since, y'know, I don't have anything else to build.

My 'Launch' missile kit arrived yesterday.

Many thanks to Carl, Sheryl and Bruce, and to Mark and Deb!
John Thro, NAR #84553 SR
I was too old when I started! Now I'll *never* become a BAR!
Old 04-28-2009, 08:54 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRThro
My 'Launch' missile kit arrived yesterday.

Many thanks to Carl, Sheryl and Bruce, and to Mark and Deb!

Now you got something to build .
Old 05-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Default Launch Missle

I wanted to thank Mark, Deb, Carl, Cheryl and Bruce for their kind gift of a "Launch Missile", came all the way to western Canada in perfect condition and with no added charges by our Canadian Customs Agency. Many thanks! To be added to my growing build pile of fabulous SEMROC kits!
Old 05-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixote
I wanted to thank Mark, Deb, Carl, Cheryl and Bruce for their kind gift of a "Launch Missile", came all the way to western Canada in perfect condition and with no added charges by our Canadian Customs Agency. Many thanks! To be added to my growing build pile of fabulous SEMROC kits!

And for a change, Customs got a package marked "Gift" and it really was!
Old 05-04-2009, 10:00 PM
Rocket buildin' machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
And for a change, Customs got a package marked "Gift" and it really was!

I sure hope they didn't try that through German customs--gift is German for poison .
Old 05-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Rocket buildin' machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
LAUNCH Magazine has commissioned Semroc to produce a kit based on their original logo. After months of discussions, we have released the LAUNCH Missile kit. The first 300 kits are set aside for LAUNCH Magazine subscribers.

We will be mailing these kits out over the next month to current LAUNCH subscribers that sign up with us to receive one. There is no charge to subscribers with a limit of one per subscription address. We will ship them in one mass mailing when we have all the addresses accumulated for the first 300. In the meantime, if you place another order with us for other kits or parts, we will include your LAUNCH Missile with your order. Just go online and log into your account or create an account and set the Launch pull-down to "Yes". If you are at NARCON, we will bring your LAUNCH Missile there. Sign up today!

When the first 300 are gone, we will possibly carry the kit as a standard product, but will not sell it until these are gone. Mark Mayfield and Deb Martin want all their loyal supporters to know how much they are appreciated and hope they enjoy their LAUNCH Missile gift while we wait until the Magazine comes out of its hiatus.

For the collector/Semroc groupies:

The version that was shipped to magazine subscribers (first 300) went out non-numbered in sealed bags featuring artwork with a yellow background washing into blue at the top, with no separate Semroc card sealed up at the top.

After the first 300 were cleared out, the "regular" product version seems to have come out in two formats. 25 limited/numbered ones with same yellow/blue header artwork as the magazine version, but also including the standard Semroc card sealed at the top of the bag. FWIW, the spec on the number tag are different than the specs on the released model--different length, weight.

After the numbered ones were gobbled up, the version for plebes has the Semroc header card sealed at top, no number and header artwork with all yellow background/no blue wash.

Sort of takes me back to the days when I was tempted to buy multiple copies of a Led Zepplin album just to get the varying artwork.

I'd better start building this in the next week or so, otherwise competition season takes over (3 regionals in 4 weeks, then the mad dash to begin procrastinating for NARAM).

--Chan Stevens
Old 05-09-2009, 07:25 PM
BAR Wannabee

Chan, does your detailed analysis of the packaging imply that you are the proud owner of all 3 versions of the 'Launch' rocket?

Also, best of luck to you again this year at NARAM and in the competitions leading up to it!
John Thro, NAR #84553 SR
Old 05-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Rocket buildin' machine

Yep, and thankyouverymuch.

If I didn't know better, I'd say the multiple versions are just Bruce's clever way to get me to buy more stuff at my special pricing of list+20% (inside joke). A few years ago, I got a free Aerobee Hi at NARAM-47, but was afraid to build a "collectible" with commemorative packaging, so I stashed it. The next spring, I tried buying one at NARCON, but that one was a commemorative edition for NARCON. I wound up ordering one online that summer, finally getting a "regular" one (but still haven't gotten around to building it).

Watch--there will be 10 different versions of the Saturn V this summer, ensuring that I wipe out the last of my gift certificates as well as running out of room in the basement.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:56 PM
BAR Wannabee

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanstevens
Yep, and thankyouverymuch.

If I didn't know better, I'd say the multiple versions are just Bruce's clever way to get me to buy more stuff at my special pricing of list+20% (inside joke). A few years ago, I got a free Aerobee Hi at NARAM-47, but was afraid to build a "collectible" with commemorative packaging, so I stashed it. The next spring, I tried buying one at NARCON, but that one was a commemorative edition for NARCON. I wound up ordering one online that summer, finally getting a "regular" one (but still haven't gotten around to building it).

Watch--there will be 10 different versions of the Saturn V this summer, ensuring that I wipe out the last of my gift certificates as well as running out of room in the basement.

I'm sure I'll get this wrong, but how many should there be?
Apollo 4
Apollo 8
Apollo 9?
Apollo 10
Apollo 11
Apollo 12
Apollo 13
Apollo 14
Apollo 15
Apollo 16
Apollo 17
Skylab
John Thro, NAR #84553 SR
Old 05-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Master Modeler

Looks like you need one more - Apollo 6. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_V