Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Mission Control
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2023, 05:18 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

We had a great turn out yesterday. 21 flyers and a bunch of spectators. 46 flights made with two H impulse. Kids loved the mud holes (it rained most of last week). And no CATOs!

The first photo shows all the vehicles along the road bordering the launch site yesterday. We had flyers from Mississippi and Arkansas join us, some from as far as Little Rock (two-hour drive).

The second photo provides an idea of how tall the grass was last September. What is circled but difficult to see is my helicopter rocket. It came down in the tall stuff and I thought I'd never see it again, but we have some persistent members that believe leave no rocket behind. The camera is at eye level and the grass is higher. The other object in frame is a dragon fly.

Hope any of you that might be in the area next month (March 18th) decide to stop by and celebrate our birthday with us. Bring a rocket to fly or just say hello.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Rockets 9-17-22  (17)_Moment.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  290.2 KB  
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stills from 2-18-23 (7).jpg (562.4 KB, 11 views)
Old 02-19-2023, 07:40 PM
Dazed and Confused

I was planning to ride down and visit the 18th, but my rescue squad is scheduled to pour concrete for four new bays. My FD doesn't do heavy rescue (we only run a small crash truck), high angle rescue, or land search and rescue so I've been on the RS for several years now. The FD also recently abandoned my dive team and donated our gear and dive boat to the RS (one of the reasons for the new bays), so now I'm a RS diver. I guess it was nice to get paid to do it while it lasted. To make a long story short, I need to be here to help with the concrete. Maybe next year!