Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-23-2023, 07:16 PM
Earl's Avatar
Earl Earl is offline
Apollo Nut
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,041
Default Estes Summer of Pro Series II

Received the following email text from Estes this afternoon. Others I am sure received it also.


PRO SERIES SNEEK PEEK

We are so excited to announce the Summer of Pro Series! We will have a bunch of products coming out this summer to support 29mm fans. Stay tuned because we are kicking it off next week with a great one! Get ready to launch this rocket and others this summer by grabbing some Estes engines below.

=========================


No actual Pro Series rockets were mentioned, new or old, but sounds like some new ones will be released.

Anyone know?


Earl
__________________
Earl L. Cagle, Jr.
NAR# 29523
TRA# 962
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-23-2023, 08:22 PM
lawndart's Avatar
lawndart lawndart is offline
Old Time Rocketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 149
Default

Sounds like someone wants to sell some 29mm engines. I’m guessing we’ll see the So Long available next week.
__________________
Dale Windsor
NAR 12081, TRA 1795 L3
SoAR 004, TARA 005, MDRA 032

L1 cert: AAA Magnum PA Crude/Vulcan H100 Smokey Sam
L2 cert: LOC/Precision Magnum/Aerotech J350
L3 cert: Smokin' Rockets Nike Smoke/Aerotech M1315
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-25-2023, 06:09 PM
Joe Wooten's Avatar
Joe Wooten Joe Wooten is offline
Master Modeler
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawndart
Sounds like someone wants to sell some 29mm engines. I’m guessing we’ll see the So Long available next week.


That's the one I want to get.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-26-2023, 05:09 AM
Scott_650 Scott_650 is offline
Master Modeler
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 624
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawndart
Sounds like someone wants to sell some 29mm engines. I’m guessing we’ll see the So Long available next week.


The So Long is on the Estes site now

https://estesrockets.com/products/so-long

Looks like the streamers are plastic surveyor’s tape, which was probably inevitable but still disappointing but you do appear to get a nice looking decal set.
__________________
John Scott B.

NAR #102949/L1
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-26-2023, 03:13 PM
frognbuff frognbuff is offline
Aggressor Aerospace
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_650
The So Long is on the Estes site now

https://estesrockets.com/products/so-long

Looks like the streamers are plastic surveyor’s tape, which was probably inevitable but still disappointing but you do appear to get a nice looking decal set.


I get a 404 error now.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-26-2023, 04:15 PM
tdracer's Avatar
tdracer tdracer is offline
Scale Modeler Extrodinare
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Everett, WA
Posts: 418
Default

I just checked the 'coming soon' category at AC Supply (as well as the PS II listings) and none of those show (yet).
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-27-2023, 09:51 AM
stefanj stefanj is offline
Master Modeler
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Posts: 2,868
Default

Anyone have any idea how the stages of the Too Long are coupled? Are the motors taped together?
__________________
NAR #27085 - Oregon Rocketry - SAM
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-23-2023, 08:23 PM
Scott_650 Scott_650 is offline
Master Modeler
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 624
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Received the following email text from Estes this afternoon. Others I am sure received it also.


PRO SERIES SNEEK PEEK

We are so excited to announce the Summer of Pro Series! We will have a bunch of products coming out this summer to support 29mm fans. Stay tuned because we are kicking it off next week with a great one! Get ready to launch this rocket and others this summer by grabbing some Estes engines below.

=========================


No actual Pro Series rockets were mentioned, new or old, but sounds like some new ones will be released.

Anyone know?


Earl


The picture on the Estes company FB page shows the So Long in silhouette so I’d guess that’s our first release.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  B77E45DC-1947-4CC2-9FDA-7F11BC1EE8E8.jpeg
Views: 38
Size:  729.5 KB  
__________________
John Scott B.

NAR #102949/L1
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-24-2023, 09:53 AM
ghrocketman's Avatar
ghrocketman ghrocketman is offline
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Nunya Bizznuss, Michigan
Posts: 13,670
Default

I plan to get that Great Goblin and Black Brant XII as soon as available.
__________________
When in doubt, WHACK the GAS and DITCH the brake !!!

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, AGITATION, CHAOS, TURMOIL, FIASCOS, AGGRAVATION, INSTIGATION, NUISANCE-ACTION, and HAVOC !
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-24-2023, 04:21 PM
Earl's Avatar
Earl Earl is offline
Apollo Nut
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
I plan to get that Great Goblin and Black Brant XII as soon as available.


Yeah, the Black Brant looks like a decent scale kit. I'd like to see a few more details about it, but it certainly looks interesting.

Earl
__________________
Earl L. Cagle, Jr.
NAR# 29523
TRA# 962
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe © 1998-2024