Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2011, 09:56 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

I do take it as a badge of honor I was banned over there.
It was inevitable with the amount of crap and flat out favoritism of certain hacks/punks at TRF.
Good riddance !

I am a firm believer in that if I see rules/laws that do not make sense NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE, I will not just blindly follow them just because they happen to be rules/laws.
Those are the kind of rules/laws that are MEANT TO BE BROKEN, and I make ZERO apologies for doing so.
In other words, I have no problem rocking the boat when need be, and could care less if I was banned by a bunch of SISSIES and WEENIES that probably could not get any action at the Bunny Ranch in Nevada.
TRF and all their HACK so-called moderators can take their site and stick it where the sun don't shine.
The ONLY thing that site needs is a GIANT-SIZE ENEMA to flush out all the fecal matter.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 02-11-2011, 10:10 AM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas2047
This type of God-erator behavior is what has defined TRF for a very long time. It’s not every moderator there who does this kind of thing, but those who do, do it with the approval of the owner, and that’s the way it’s always been on that forum. It takes a special brand of bully/coward to harass and ban someone on one forum, knowing that they have absolutely no recourse, and then follow them to another forum to continue the abuse.

Point!
Old 02-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
I do take it as a badge of honor I was banned over there.
It was inevitable with the amount of crap and flat out favoritism of certain hacks/punks at TRF.
Good riddance !

I am a firm believer in that if I see rules/laws that do not make sense NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE, I will not just blindly follow them just because they happen to be rules/laws.
Those are the kind of rules/laws that are MEANT TO BE BROKEN, and I make ZERO apologies for doing so.
In other words, I have no problem rocking the boat when need be, and could care less if I was banned by a bunch of SISSIES and WEENIES that probably could not get any action at the Bunny Ranch in Nevada.
TRF and all their HACK so-called moderators can take their site and stick it where the sun don't shine.
The ONLY thing that site needs is a GIANT-SIZE ENEMA to flush out all the fecal matter.

GH,

Sad thing in my opinion is that you and I are dinosaurs. We were either born far too late in world history ore far too soon.

I know that in OPA-LOCKA, Fla. , City Officials are asking blacks to pull their pants up in honor of Black History month ... what a history I know have as a Black American ... what a history...

http://www.justnews.com/news/26069891/detail.html#

Jonathan
Old 02-11-2011, 10:58 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

TRF as a whole is about as entertaining to a trip to a Surgeon that knowingly has zero anesthetic.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 02-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
<snip>
What I can’t understand is what would make this self appointed “super moderator”, rangerstl, come to this forum to continue the abuse. Well actually I can understand why it was done, it was done so that this self appointed “super moderator” could continue the “fun” he was having harassing GH. <snip>

I agree, I thought the same thing when I first read his post. The "super moderator" tagline reeks of ego.

I don't know GH personally, nor do I agree with everything he posts, but he seems to know his stuff (especially when it comes to dope... ). His commentary doesn't bother me, as I think it's mostly meant as a humorous way to "stir the pot". Some people don't see it that way and are offended...such is life. You can always choose to "add <user> to your ignore list".

Just my .02, and I'll keep the change on this one.
Was once SAM#0132
Old 02-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
TRF as a whole is about as entertaining to a trip to a Surgeon that knowingly has zero anesthetic.

While I do take issue with over-moderation or more specifically abusive moderation, I wouldn't agree that all of TRF is bad. There are good members and there are good moderators on that forum as well.

However I just have always found that there's been a small group of insiders who really operate outside the rules on TRF, and then there's always been a few moderators who ride members for sport.

For TRF to improve there needs to be a zero tolerance to God-eration. It shouldn't be all that difficult since members are already asked to behave in a certain manner. There should be no reason to expect the moderators to behave any differently, or for there to be an inside crew who is immune from the rules that everyone else must follow.

Moderators should NOT enjoy picking on people. That's the mark of a bully, and we don't need moderators who are bullies on any forum.

And then there's GH, who some might say "started all of this". Well for as long as I've know GH through the forum he's never, not once, asked me to believe what he believes. He states his opinion and then he moves on and so do I. I feel really sorry anyone who finds it just far too offensive for their eyes to have to read someone's opinion if it’s different than their own. I remember a number of members left this forum over this very point, and it just floored me that these "adults" felt that if all opinions weren't in lock step with their own they needed to either a. have the member who’s opinions differed banned or b. they would need to leave the forum themselves. That's just incredibly sad in my humble opinion...

Oh by the way, I'm not here just for the "olde" rocket discussions.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

Quote:
While I do take issue with over-moderation or more specifically abusive moderation, I wouldn't agree that all of TRF is bad. There are good members and there are good moderators on that forum as well.

However I just have always found that there's been a small group of insiders who really operate outside the rules on TRF, and then there's always been a few moderators who ride members for sport.

For TRF to improve there needs to be a zero tolerance to God-eration. It shouldn't be all that difficult since members are already asked to behave in a certain manner. There should be no reason to expect the moderators to behave any differently, or for there to be an inside crew who is immune from the rules that everyone else must follow.

Moderators should NOT enjoy picking on people. That's the mark of a bully, and we don't need moderators who are bullies on any forum.

And then there's GH, who some might say "started all of this". Well for as long as I've know GH through the forum he's never, not once, asked me to believe what he believes. He states his opinion and then he moves on and so do I. I feel really sorry anyone who finds it just far too offensive for their eyes to have to read someone's opinion if it’s different than their own. I remember a number of members left this forum over this very point, and it just floored me that these "adults" felt that if all opinions weren't in lock step with their own they needed to either a. have the member who’s opinions differed banned or b. they would need to leave the forum themselves. That's just incredibly sad in my humble opinion...

This should be in the FAQ.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Rocket Dad

I've gotta chime in here. The fact of the matter is GH was not exactly the victim here as this thread reads. The majority of his posts that I read are confrontational and absolutes. This is supposed to be fun and an outlet to gain knowledge and also pass on knowledge. There are definitely more than one way to skin any cat.

Maybe you all outta take a peak at some of the posts over there. I know information I posted was taken out of context and even called a Kook for suggesting such a thing. The fact of the matter, the fella asking advice is quite green and really didn't need anything to over complicate his build. Recent pictures he has posted have proven that.

Now, I'm not thin skinned or lily livered in any way shape or form, nor did I request for any type of ban on GH.

If you have something constructive to ad to a post, by all means reply. However, if someone disagrees with your input or offers an alternative, it really defeats the purpose to argue, name call and start a fight in written text.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:29 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Cheapo
I know information I posted was taken out of context and even called a Kook for suggesting such a thing.

GH's kook statement was about strength of epoxy from Stymye's post, not yours. Your post before his kook statement was about wood glue, and how to use it. Your statements about epoxy came after GH's kook reference. After that, it was a jab from cjl and one back from GH, directed toward each other. Unless TRF pulled a GH post, he didn't refer to any of your posts in that thread.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Rocket Dad

I still don't remember where anyone referred to wood glue being stronger than epoxy up to that point which is why I said things were taken out of context.

Nevertheless, it doesn't matter. What's done is done and unfortunate to turn a newbies thread into a pissing contest.