Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Semroc > SAM - Semroc Astronautic Modeler Team
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 01:35 AM
NAR #93916 SAM #454

Default Brighton painted nearly ready

Got the paint on the Semroc Brighton today. It has two layers of 1oz fiberglass top to bottom, and the fins are fiber glassed with 4oz fabric and set with 1" carbon fiber to the airframe under an epoxy resin. The whole thing was vacuum bagged and spent an hour at 18Hg. All of the bulkheads are epoxied with kevlar pulp. It may not have that showroom finish but is still pretty light (I'll weigh it tomorrow) and mighty durable. Probably could launch with an "H" but we'll see. This rocket and I have developed quite a relationship over the last month. Her and I will take it slow and see where we end up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Brighton.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  755.9 KB  
Old 02-07-2013, 10:52 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangertech1
Got the paint on the Semroc Brighton today. It has two layers of 1oz fiberglass top to bottom, and the fins are fiber glassed with 4oz fabric and set with 1" carbon fiber to the airframe under an epoxy resin. The whole thing was vacuum bagged and spent an hour at 18Hg. All of the bulkheads are epoxied with kevlar pulp. It may not have that showroom finish but is still pretty light (I'll weigh it tomorrow) and mighty durable. Probably could launch with an "H" but we'll see. This rocket and I have developed quite a relationship over the last month. Her and I will take it slow and see where we end up.

Looks great!

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates
Old 02-09-2013, 05:04 AM
NAR #93916 SAM #454

Default Brighton

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
Looks great!

Flew it on a 38mm Cessaroni single grain G46. I had trouble with the interchangable motor retainers, and my single grain case is lost in the sage for the time being. The flight was very nice. A show stopper if there was an audience. Nice and easy for the first second and a half. This is a great rocket however I'm just going to set it up for 38mm and forget the rest of the mounts. I would love to be able to start over with the kit. I have learned a few things since then.