Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Mission Control
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2007, 09:10 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

That's a mighty mean bunch of bovines eyeing up that Mercury Redstone.
How do they react to the launches ?

Great pics !

By the way, an A8-3 is NOT any sort of reasonable engine choice for a Goblin !
The engines that were listed originally were the D12-5 and D12-7 ONLY.
Originally Estes used to give these away as free kits with orders. It is supposed to be a fire-n-forget, you are lucky to get it back model that reaches ignorantly high altitiudes on a single D.

An A8-3 just won't do !
Stick with a minimum of at least a C6-7 or C11-7 if you want a realistic as-intended flight !!!

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 11-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas2047
Great rockets and outstanding pictures!

The HARM looks great. Where did your son get the decals? I built a TLP version which didn't come with decals. It's a great rocket but definitely doen't have the cool factor that the one your son built has.

We found some military style fonts for MS Word and he typedmost of them up based on how they were done on the Estes Sentinel and from pictures on the net. He drew a few of the bands too. He can probably tell you a little better than I can.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:13 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
We found some military style fonts for MS Word and he typedmost of them up based on how they were done on the Estes Sentinel and from pictures on the net. He drew a few of the bands too. He can probably tell you a little better than I can.

Well all I can say is WOW Outstanding Job! Obviously craftsmanship and attention to detail runs in the family.

It's too late for my bird decal wise. It's really been through the mill, and almost doesn't resemble the HARM missile anymore. It’s had fin damage which caused re-work. It spent an hour in a lake causing some more re-work, and had half a dozen hard landings causing even more re-work.

Although in all fairness to the old bird, it is one of the toughest and most reliable rockets I have. I’ll have to post a picture of it up sometime just for laughs.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Well all I can say is WOW Outstanding Job! Obviously craftsmanship and attention to detail runs in the family.

It's too late for my bird decal wise. It's really been through the mill, and almost doesn't resemble the HARM missile anymore. It’s had fin damage which caused re-work. It spent an hour in a lake causing some more re-work, and had half a dozen hard landings causing even more re-work.

Although in all fairness to the old bird, it is one of the toughest and most reliable rockets I have. I’ll have to post a picture of it up sometime just for laughs.

What diameter is it?
Old 11-19-2007, 03:17 PM
Master Modeler

The diameter is 2.6.

Here is the bad boy as it should have looked, actually this is where I bought it from also: http://www.greatlanding.com/HARM_AGM-88A.html\
Old 11-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
The diameter is 2.6.

Here is the bad boy as it should have looked, actually this is where I bought it from also: http://www.greatlanding.com/HARM_AGM-88A.html\

I don't know how well his decals will scale up, but if you decide to slick her up and give her a fresh coat of paint, we can send the file to you.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
I don't know how well his decals will scale up, but if you decide to slick her up and give her a fresh coat of paint, we can send the file to you.

Hey thanks! I may just take you up on that offer. The HARM is a beautiful missile with the decals applied.