Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Current Kit Talk
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2020, 04:30 PM
Sometimes collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill S
How about a dark grey to match the band, but put it up front next to the black tip?

That’s both of you, I like the idea of a band on the outside! I was going to get some black for brushing today but life intervened. I’ll think about it.
Old 01-28-2020, 02:08 AM
Master Modeler

Default It flies!

First flight Monday 1/27/20. Estes C6-3 (which was just fine). FlightSketch FS Mini aboard reported 262 feet, so it actually went a little higher than the package estimate (which is kind of rare).

Thanks to the ejection charge there is some more shading/staining on the top of the tube and out through the static ports to go along with the pre-installed shading .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  IMG_2412_V2F_2020-01-27_13-16-51_029.PNG
Views: 61
Size:  1.12 MB  
AMA 42160
KG7AIE
Old 01-28-2020, 09:38 PM
Apollo Nut

Nice liftoff pic! Yes, it does seem rare that an actual achieved altitude per a given motor is HIGHER than the advertised altitude.

I sure wish it was possible to fold up some of those wide open spaces and mail them back east! It is harder to find launch sites like that on this side of the country. I got to see soooo many wide open spaces in my LDRS days of the 90s and early 2000s. Some launching paradises out that way, no doubt. We had a very nice grass farm site back in the 80s and 90s, but those days are gone.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 01-28-2020, 11:28 PM
Master Modeler

Thanks. That’s a frame grab from an iPhone slow motion video taken from the table I was using.

Temperature-corrected the altitude was 259, which is still 9 feet more than the face card says. My TAZZ also went a little higher than the face card said it should just before this.

And don’t be fooled about the launch site. That’s a 40-acre-or-so field that, during warmer weather, is covered with soccer players/goals pretty much all the time. It’s also the only King County (Washington) park where rockets are allowed and the only such facility in the greater Seattle area. Just about every TARC flight in the Seattle area flies from this one site during the winter/early spring.

I just was able to take advantage of it on a Monday in January because I’m retired. It still took me an hour to get there and over an hour and a half to get home in infamous Seattle area traffic.
AMA 42160
KG7AIE