Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Model Rocket History
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2022, 10:43 AM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo1986
I wonder how many folks lost their money when AVI asked for prepayment then failed to deliver. Is it possible that there are NONE of these in existence?

Oh, the AVI Astroport Encyclog 78 was published and distributed eventually, I think sometime around the summer of 1978. Just not sure how many of them have survived to today.

Otis on this forum had one once upon a time, https://forums.rocketshoppe.com/sho...hlight=Encyclog , but he sold it and doesn't have it anymore. I can't quite make out the postmark date in Otis's photo.

It appears that based on the discussion in this thread https://www.oldrocketforum.com/show...21&page=3&pp=10 on YORF back in 2017 that Astronwolf on this forum still had his copy safely stored and could locate it. Part of the problem is that the AVI Astroport Encyclog 78 was on newsprint, so it does not preserve well. Also, the publication was so large that it is difficult to copy or even photograph so many pages.

Kind regards,
Jeff Jenkins
aka: Faithwalker
NAR #468769 SR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  AVI_Astroport_Encyclog_78.JPG
Views: 48
Size:  320.0 KB