Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2008, 07:55 AM
Launching since 1970.

Did you not see the emoticon on my post?

Good luck and let us know when they file the restraining order against you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Doctor
Fred

The WalMart ordering system does not work. As far as the motors go, they are part of a retiler shelf pack, there are no individual SKU numbers.

How can anything other than what comes in that particular retiler shelf pack come in. If X motors come in that particular pack, that's it, it can't change.

What maore can one do than to talk to the Manager, Asst manager, District marketing Mgr and two of his assistaants? Please Fred, tell me.

You don't have the answers for WM.

They admitted that there is a flaw in the system, and, that they don't know what they need. The Marketing Mgr even went as far to say that he could put in a four foot section of rockets.

The mgr, asst magr and the marketing mgr has my phone # and I have the marketing mgr's phone #.

I advised them as to what should be done, stressing that across the contry they have NO B motors. That the problem ins't local, but, nationwide. I also suggested that the buyer in Bentonville needs to be educated on the producet and what they should and should not have to offer for sale.

I also told them that I have been in touch with Lee Scott,CEO, and haven't received any reply from his office.

As I mentioned previously, I was told by all involved, that they WANT the input from customers, it help their bottom line.

IN my opinion, anyone could go into any WM and buy out the rocket section, and, that would not generate a need for product, their system is flawed. I was told it's up to each department magr to keep track on merchandise that is needed with their departments.And, if the merchandise isn't available, they are supposed to create a demand ticked to get that merchandise in.

It makes no sense to NOT have product on the shelves, because empty shelves don't bring in sales or customers.

So, Fred, let's see what hapens, the marketing mgr will be calling me to discuss the issues.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:09 AM
Master Modeler

You Rock RD! Maybe, just maybe we will see some changes in the coming months. I suppose it wouldn't hurt if some of the rest of us talk directly to our local WM toy department managers as well. I never even thought to do so, but after reading your posts it sounds like talking with that individual might just get products on the shelves.

I buy B-C engines at WM when they have them, but I have never seen any kits other than the cheap plastic starter sets and the occasional Launchable set. I'd fall over if they actually had any builders kits on the shelves.

Thanks for your efforts!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 08:34 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreadvector

WalMart wants to know what the consumers wants . It's beneficial to everyone. And, if WM puts in the merchandise, we all benefit.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:42 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreadvector

The only restraining order will be that WM carries what everyone wants. WM wants feedback, I was told that from the manager, asst manager and the marketing mgr, so, who is going to restrain who?

They have my phone # and I have theirs. Anyone who feels that they want to "come after me" for any reason will be in for a surprise, the TRUTH will set you FREE.....

Companies pay millions of dollars to get feedback, it only fenefits that particular company, it's not detrimental to offer constructive criticism.

INcreased sales = increased profits and not only benefits the consumer but the company as well.

It doesn't make sense to have a over abundance of A10-3T's, when the core motors are lacking. Unsold merchandise will only lead to product not being available in the stores.

And, without a mix of product, the same old same old will not generate new business. If a retiler has the same starter sets, eventually, the market will be flooded, and, no further sales made, you need new product , not only starter sets, but, individual rockets aas well. You also need the motors to support those kits being sold.

WM, from my conversation yesterday have become aware of the situation and are going to look into it, and, I was thanked for the information.

As with the former Estes forum, my intentions were for the benefit of not only MY fellow rocketeers, but the company as well. We all must work hand and hand for a mutual goal THE HOBBY !!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 08:44 AM
Master Modeler

My passion for the hobby drives me to make changes for the benefit of all of us. ..........
Old 02-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Launching since 1970.

OK, that's 2 very long responses to posts that were clearly humorous and identified with emoticons.

Now for a run-on endlessly worded question: Were you on r.m.r. when a bot-produced diatribe about "he who shall not be mentioned" was posted and then followed up with an enormous point-by-point response by hwsnbm which was then followed up with dozens of posts from everyone marvelling at how hwsnbm could not understand siimple humor or that the original message being responded to was obviously a rambling computer generated diatribe?

Now, my previous short and identified-as-humor messages here were not generated by computer, but they were identifed by the emoticons.

For historical and hysterical puposes, here is the Google-news version of the usenet group r.m.r. and the thread I mentioned above. I posted the first message which was simply a link to a robotic complaint generator, then someone used it to post the "Master Complaint" (post 2), then hwsnbm responded in post 10 and the hilarity rolled on and on.

sigh, the good old days of r.m.r. .....

http://groups.google.com/group/rec....cbc9f0364c22e07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Doctor
The only restraining order will be that WM carries what everyone wants. WM wants feedback, I was told that from the manager, asst manager and the marketing mgr, so, who is going to restrain who?

They have my phone # and I have theirs. Anyone who feels that they want to "come after me" for any reason will be in for a surprise, the TRUTH will set you FREE.....

Companies pay millions of dollars to get feedback, it only fenefits that particular company, it's not detrimental to offer constructive criticism.

INcreased sales = increased profits and not only benefits the consumer but the company as well.

It doesn't make sense to have a over abundance of A10-3T's, when the core motors are lacking. Unsold merchandise will only lead to product not being available in the stores.

And, without a mix of product, the same old same old will not generate new business. If a retiler has the same starter sets, eventually, the market will be flooded, and, no further sales made, you need new product , not only starter sets, but, individual rockets aas well. You also need the motors to support those kits being sold.

WM, from my conversation yesterday have become aware of the situation and are going to look into it, and, I was thanked for the information.

As with the former Estes forum, my intentions were for the benefit of not only MY fellow rocketeers, but the company as well. We all must work hand and hand for a mutual goal THE HOBBY !!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 10:35 AM
Master Modeler

The bottom line is, WM doesn't have what the consumer wants......period. Humor or not, for someone with the passion to "MIH" Make It Happen is not a laughing matter!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 10:39 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

This whole thread just supports my belief that Wal Mart is managed at the corporate level (as individual store managers have virtually zero management authority) by absolute idiots as this no "B" engine situation has existed for YEARS.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !

Last edited by ghrocketman : 02-15-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:27 AM
Junior Rocketeer

I know a few people that work for the Home Office and will see if i can get the name of the purchasing agent for the estes rockets and pass it along to you... if you would like
Old 02-15-2008, 01:35 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by poke44
I know a few people that work for the Home Office and will see if i can get the name of the purchasing agent for the estes rockets and pass it along to you... if you would like

Yes, there needs to be a change in what is offered.