Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2020, 03:21 PM
Craftsman

Default Shipping delays at Squirrel Works

Well, Covid-19 is catching up to us. We are currently under a “shelter in place” order, as a result we will limit our shipping schedule to one day per week. That day may vary from week to week as I'm also pulling Grand Jury duty and that takes up whole days. Please feel free to place an order but understand that it will take a little longer to arrive. Add to that the postal system seems to be a little overloaded lately so delays may happen after your order is in the system. Please bear with us and have a little patience at this difficult time and stay safe.

Follow us on Facebook

Even the best of friends cannot attend each others' funeral.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:36 PM
7/21/61

Don,

Really good plan regarding shipping.

I know this has nothing to do with rocketry but I'm fascinated that you are on grand jury duty. We hear about grand juries all the time but I've never known anyone who served on one.

Can you tell us a bit?

How long are you called for? Do you have to go in every day? Do you hear multiple cases each day? Is it state or federal you are doing?

I know it must be really disruptive to your life but on behalf of the rest of us, thanks.

Steve
Old 03-25-2020, 03:42 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
Don,

Really good plan regarding shipping.

I know this has nothing to do with rocketry but I'm fascinated that you are on grand jury duty. We hear about grand juries all the time but I've never known anyone who served on one.

Can you tell us a bit?

How long are you called for? Do you have to go in every day? Do you hear multiple cases each day? Is it state or federal you are doing?

I know it must be really disruptive to your life but on behalf of the rest of us, thanks.

Steve

Well, I go in 3 days a week starting at 9 and we stay until all the cases for the day are decided. That may be 4 hours, it may be 10. We hear 60-100 cases a day and I'm doing this for the next 3 months. This is county criminal court, I think federal court has a 2 month term. I really can't discus the cases but there's 12 of us on the jury and it takes 9 yes votes to move the case to trial. I'm still waiting on them to bring in a ham sandwich.

Follow us on Facebook

Old 03-25-2020, 04:12 PM
Apollo Nut

I’ve done county grand jury duty before also. Term was for 12 weeks, one day a week. Hours spent that day also varied week-to-week.

The task of the grand jury is to hear evidence on cases from the DA’s office and decide whether there is evidence enough to bring an endictment against those who are charged, what is called a ‘true bill’ of endictment. In other words, would it go to trial.

I don’t recall too many cases that we voted against, and there were a couple that we extended indictments to people beyond those that the DA had originally included.

It was a great learning experience, but it was a bear juggling that along with work for three months. Also, you heard evidence in some pretty sad cases and some very, very, depraved criminal minds. Made me even more happy to know there is a justice system and law enforcement working out there every day. Also gave me an even greater appreciation of our justice system and the effort that is put forth to try to ensure everyone receives a fair shake. Even more than I had learned through several stints of regular jury duty.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 03-25-2020, 08:51 PM
Freeform rocketry advocate.

Location: Claremont, CA "The intellectual capitol of the world."-WSJ

USR was delayed by 2 days.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:06 PM
Craftsman

It would probably have served you better to start your own thread to announce information about your business.

Follow us on Facebook

Old 03-25-2020, 09:44 PM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

Don,

Take care of yourself first! Be careful and thorough in your precations, I don't know what more to say.

Well, yea, I could say something but I won't.

http://sandmandecals.com/