Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Model Rocket History
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2005, 05:20 PM
GET GOONY!!

Default Old picture of old rockets

Hi Guys, I found these two pics at my Mom's this weekend and pasted them together. The date is 1985 based on the guitars.... I still have all of the rockets in this pic, and fly most of them!!

Phred
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  My Room composite sm.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  266.4 KB  

GET GOONY!!
Old 09-13-2005, 09:32 PM
AL Swackhammer , power freak

well, did not get any good pics of the shop / fleet scanned yet, but did get this one - fits more into the ' enerjet' discussion, but here is .

custom built, BT-70 based, 1/4" balsa fins rocket.

circa 1981-82

Crown F50, iirc .

note the 'proper' non smoke composite powered lfight :-)

~ AL

hmm - not sure how to post here, ( advise ? :-)

here's the url

Http://home.stny.rr.com/dragonmotors/navy-roc.JPG
Old 09-14-2005, 09:11 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dragon
hmm - not sure how to post here, ( advise ? :-)

Al,

Under your edit screen will be an area that says Additional Options. In there is a button that says Manage Attachments. Click that to put pics in your messages.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 09-14-2005, 10:33 AM
Out To Launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Al,

Under your edit screen will be an area that says Additional Options. In there is a button that says Manage Attachments. Click that to put pics in your messages.

... and if you are running a pop-up manager type utility, you may have to disable it so the smaller file management window can open. (e.g. With Pop-Up Stopper hold the Ctrl key when clicking the button).

Been there, done that.
Established 1938
lladd.netau.net
Old 09-21-2005, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by excelsior_rocketry
Hi Guys, I found these two pics at my Mom's this weekend and pasted them together. The date is 1985 based on the guitars.... I still have all of the rockets in this pic, and fly most of them!!

Phred

OK, finally got some pics of my hoard...err. fleet, and here are some , hope this works (to post em, rokoie forum user, you know, :-)

~ AL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  fleet 001.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  83.4 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  fleet 002.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  94.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  fleet 004.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  58.6 KB  
Old 09-21-2005, 11:22 PM
Old School Rocketeer

Very niiiiiiiice!

Let's see if I can pick out all the sci-fi ones.....

Pic 1 (L to R) - I see a Galactic Taxi, a Wolverine, a Solar Sailer II, and the Starfighter Combo Pack (Orion Starfighter and Torellian Invader).

Pic 2 - We've got a Solar Warrior, a Scorpius and what looks like two Falcon Commanders, one in original paint scheme and the other in some sort of tan.

Pic 3 - There's a Hawkeye, a FoxFire, the Star Seeker from the Mini Tri-Pak, and of course, an X-Wing and R2-D2.

Did I miss any?

Later,
EV
Old 09-22-2005, 05:51 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoVictor
Very niiiiiiiice!

Let's see if I can pick out all the sci-fi ones.....

Pic 1 (L to R) - I see a Galactic Taxi, a Wolverine, a Solar Sailer II, and the Starfighter Combo Pack (Orion Starfighter and Torellian Invader).

Pic 2 - We've got a Solar Warrior, a Scorpius and what looks like two Falcon Commanders, one in original paint scheme and the other in some sort of tan.

Pic 3 - There's a Hawkeye, a FoxFire, the Star Seeker from the Mini Tri-Pak, and of course, an X-Wing and R2-D2.

Did I miss any?

Later,
EV

Thanks , collections been growing for a few years, as you can see, quality of build is generally improving as well, which is always good :-)

I see you like the Sci-Fi ones, same as me, so looking at your note.....

Pic 1 - have all you noted, lol (note the crumbling canopy decal ont eh torrellian invader, as I noted in other thread,re: decals for these ). (hiding in there someplace is a Red Eye as well.

Pic 2 - missed the vintage original Laser X (left end),as for the Falcon Commander, one is original, the other is a scratchbuilt using that cone, that I called "Space patrol 911" (many years back, it's semi-stable so might wind up using it for parts /nosecone to build a Skytracer ( that I;ve always wanted) . I think some or most of the fins I used on that were from the Mini-Shuttle, so maybe build one of those as well :-)

Pic 3 - depends what you think of as Sci-Fi, lol - you have good eyes to catch that Star Seeker, though :-) , the Blue rocket in the foreground ( have to put the smaller ones in back due to roof slope :-( .... is a ' Flying Jato' from Model Rocketeer plans, early 80's .
( also the trophy is my F Altitude win from WUBBA 6,not sure the year offhand, won with a basically stock Cherokee D on FSI F7-6 :-)

might get some pics of the 'larger' rockets when I can get em all lined up nice and neatly, instead of in a big pile ....

~ AL

now it;s others' turns to post pics of thier collections, so * I * can drool :-)
Old 09-22-2005, 09:28 AM
Old School Rocketeer

Quote:
...as for the Falcon Commander, one is original, the other is a scratchbuilt using that cone, that I called "Space patrol 911" (many years back, it's semi-stable so might wind up using it for parts /nosecone to build a Skytracer ( that I;ve always wanted) .

Go for it Al!

After getting back into the hobby myself within the past four months, I found an old Venom kit with that nose. I didn't know what I was going to build with it. I just knew I needed that cone. After searching the catalogs, I decided on the Skytracer. It was never one I was all that excited about, but as I went through building and flying it, I've grown to dig the design more and more.

Here's the lowdown;
http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/show...light=skytracer

I still haven't figured out how to re-create the rear nozzles yet, but somebody recommended the ramjet tips and cones from Semroc's SST Shuttle kit. I just picked up one of those the other day, so when I break it open to build, I'll see how the nozzles work on the Skytracer.

Later,
EV
Old 09-22-2005, 10:16 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoVictor
Go for it Al!

After getting back into the hobby myself within the past four months, I found an old Venom kit with that nose. I didn't know what I was going to build with it. I just knew I needed that cone. After searching the catalogs, I decided on the Skytracer. It was never one I was all that excited about, but as I went through building and flying it, I've grown to dig the design more and more.

Here's the lowdown;
http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/show...light=skytracer

I still haven't figured out how to re-create the rear nozzles yet, but somebody recommended the ramjet tips and cones from Semroc's SST Shuttle kit. I just picked up one of those the other day, so when I break it open to build, I'll see how the nozzles work on the Skytracer.

Later,
EV

that Skytracer clone looks good EV :-)

might have to try that one - I was worried about the pods myself, then looking at the plans at jim Z's right now and realized those are BT5 based, not the oddball sizes like on my F61 I had.

as for the nozzles - let me know on the SST shuttle ones ( does Carl offer those seperately ? )

I believe Moldin Oldies has the SST nozzle set as well, so will try there, too .

thanks for the encouragement :-)

~ AL
Old 09-22-2005, 11:05 AM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Thumbs up

Quote:
as for the nozzles - let me know on the SST shuttle ones ( does Carl offer those seperately ? )

Hey Al,

Drop Carl an e-mail. I'm sure he'd be glad to set you up.

Cheers,

--Jay Goemmer
"Centuri Guy"