Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2020, 10:53 AM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody's Workshop
I bought some parts from eRockets to scratch build a first generation Scrambler.
That took the same transition. Hard part for me was the clear payload tube to find.
That's been a few years or so and eRockets still sold the Semroc Scrambler Kit.
I was going to order a few of them to have on hand.
If they don't stock them now, I guess I should have instead of being cheap.

I would be wary of the Semroc clear PST-65. I purchased a couple of them in hopes that I could use them with my vintage Estes nose cones. However, my vintage Estes nose cones didn't fit. The clear tubes were too small.

However, a buddy of mine recently opened a Semroc Scrambler and built it. My nose cones all fit just fine in the clear payload tube from his kit.

I ended up calling Estes customer service and purchasing a few that way. They have to look up the part number, but it is/was possible. You need to request the clear payload tube from the Olympus kit. They weren't cheap that's for sure. I got nicked $5 each.

Stan
Old 12-29-2020, 12:53 AM
Craftsman

Default that surprises me

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuyge
....I ended up calling Estes customer service and purchasing a few that way. ....

The last time I called Estes, they were pretty emphatic about not being in the parts business anymore. They told me if I wanted parts that I had to buy a kit. You must be some sort of slick silver-tongued shmoooozer if you got them to sell parts?
Old 12-29-2020, 03:44 AM
Scale builder

Don't know if it'll fit your need but you might try this: https://estesrockets.com/product/00...ion-assortment/ I picked one up when I did my Icarus and Maxi Icarus clones. Worth a look.
Old 12-29-2020, 11:55 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by olDave
The last time I called Estes, they were pretty emphatic about not being in the parts business anymore. They told me if I wanted parts that I had to buy a kit. You must be some sort of slick silver-tongued shmoooozer if you got them to sell parts?

I don't really know what I might have done differently than you. I merely called up and asked if they could help me out. I was patient and polite and it all worked out in the end for me.

Stan
Old 12-29-2020, 11:57 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by stantonjtroy
Don't know if it'll fit your need but you might try this: https://estesrockets.com/product/00...ion-assortment/ I picked one up when I did my Icarus and Maxi Icarus clones. Worth a look.

That's a pretty decent kit for doing clear payload sections. However, it doesn't contain any PST-65 clear tubing. PST-65 is a rare beast that hasn't been available since 1977... And this is the first time in history that we actually have a matching paper body tube in that size to match.

Stan
Old 12-30-2020, 09:25 AM
Scale builder

Naturally. I have access to some odd product (including clear tube) from Time to time. If I see or hear of anything I'll pass it along. May your search be a fruitful one.