Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2015, 09:12 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Holmes
No. He sent out replacements in about a week, which was not unreasonable given that some laser cutting patterns had to be reviewed and tweaked and new parts cut. I can imagine faster service but it was not unduly slow, especially given he was in the midst of restarting Semroc and relocating the business.

A week. That would have been nice. I've been waiting a month for my replacements and contacted him every week since. He's not answered the last two e-mails.

I tried to be understanding about it, what with all the Semroc stuff, but after a month and now ignoring my e-mails, I'm never dealing with him again.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:55 PM
Craftsman

Red face

My last purchase from e rockets was a few months ago, and it was very smooth, albeit it was before the acquisition of semroc announcement. I was quite pleased with the service.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:50 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shockcord
A week. That would have been nice. I've been waiting a month for my replacements and contacted him every week since. He's not answered the last two e-mails.

I tried to be understanding about it, what with all the Semroc stuff, but after a month and now ignoring my e-mails, I'm never dealing with him again.

I sent Randy an e-mail to let him know there was a problem.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 09-04-2015, 01:02 PM
Master Modeler

Sigh... I really hate to have to resort to this, but maybe one of you can help.

I have ordered multiple times from eRockets in the past, with zero problems. Order correct, fast service.

I placed an order on Aug 31 for a few parts, all of which showed in stock. One of these was a nose cone I really need for a project. Since then, my order has been sitting there in "awaiting fulfillment" limbo. I don't expect eRockets to be Semroc in that the order shows up almost before you press the "submit" button. However, after 5 days it apparently is not even packed, according to the status. This is not on par with Fliskits, JonRocket, or any of the other vendors we frequently use.

I could understand if something is unavailable, but I have sent email and even placed a phone call (which was not answered) to see if there was an issue. I would think that if there was a problem, there would be some sort of communication. But nada so far.

I really appreciate what Mr. Boadway has been doing in bringing back the Semroc line - much better than expected. He even sent out a motor mount update to the U.S.S America I ordered, which I thought was very nice and above and beyond. However, this time eRockets seems to be dropping the ball, and I need that darn nose cone.
In finishing: Centuri Sabre clone
In primer:
In paint:
Ready for decals:

Bill Cooke
NAR #31312
TRA #19705
SAM #0001
Huntsville, AL

My rocket blog
My rocket fleet
Old 09-04-2015, 02:37 PM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

Based on the pictures of his operations, and comments from Sheryl, he certainly seems to be working hard to get the Semroc line up to 100%. Maybe place calls to them first thing in the morning, and later in the day? And keep those emails going.

I appreciate your frustration, and I'd be getting a little irritated if I were in your shoes. Everything we have seen leads me to believe he wants to make sure the company is successful. However, part of growing a business is making sure you do not alienate the current customers you have by a lack of attention to their questions.

Maybe someone here is planning to visit him, and can make him aware of how he is falling behind in order fulfillment, and most importantly, keeping customer apprised of order status.

He would not want to hear this, but I definitely will not order anything until I hear that things get turned around, and I'm guessing a lot of other people might reach the same conclusion.

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Ken Foss Designs Mini Satellite Interceptor
In the Paint Shop: Nothing! Too cold!
Launch-Ready: Farside-X, Maxi Honest John, Super Scamp
Old 09-04-2015, 03:37 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR
...And keep those emails going...

I had the same problem with an eRockets order back in June. There came a point where my e-mails were not even being answered. The issue was finally resolved after five weeks and the involvement of a benevolent third party. Maybe he can help here?

I had hoped my experience was an exception to the rule. I am disappointed to read someone else is having the same problem.

Last edited by Joe Shockcord : 09-04-2015 at 04:30 PM.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:52 PM
Master Modeler

Just got through to Randy - 1 part was erroneously listed as in stock, but the order should go out tomorrow (fingers crossed).

As long as the nose cone arrives by the middle of next week, I will be content
In primer:
In paint:
Ready for decals:

Bill Cooke
NAR #31312
TRA #19705
SAM #0001
Huntsville, AL

My rocket blog
My rocket fleet
Old 09-04-2015, 05:16 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanel
Just got through to Randy - 1 part was erroneously listed as in stock, but the order should go out tomorrow (fingers crossed).

As long as the nose cone arrives by the middle of next week, I will be content

What did he say the reason was for the unanswered email and unanswered phone call?
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 09-04-2015, 05:53 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
What did he say the reason was for the unanswered email and unanswered phone call?

The email I don't know - as far as the phone call, when I got through to him, it was pretty obvious he was busy with customers in his store. Maybe that was the reason for not answering my earlier call. Even so, when he did answer, he took the time to address my concern, despite having other customers.

I wish to be fair - I was spoiled by the Semroc service, and that of other vendors has been pretty great as well. Up to this order, eRockets has always shipped within a day, and everything was there. I can understand delays due to a lack of stock, end even that there may be an occasional error in the web site; however, communication is key. Had I received a notice that this item was out of stock, I would not have been happy, but at least I would know what is going on. Conversely, I did not stipulate in my order that receiving the nose cone was urgent, nor did I request that I be notified if there would be delays in shipping. I ASSUMED that I would be informed of an out-of-stock item, which is what I have experienced from JonRocket, Fliskits, Sandman, and others. Maybe I need to put that in the order comments section if I have an urgently needed item in the future.

Anyway, all appears good now.
In primer:
In paint:
Ready for decals:

Bill Cooke
NAR #31312
TRA #19705
SAM #0001
Huntsville, AL

My rocket blog
My rocket fleet