Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > 3D Printing Asylum
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2021, 10:14 AM
rosko_racer

Default Centuri Fighter Fleet - 3D Printing Files

I have decided to create this thread to centralize all the 3D files I have created/used for my Centuri F-16 Fighter (thread here ) and others I plan to make under the "Centuri Fighter Fleet" subject. This is a collection of files that have been modified/remixed from other 3D files found on the internet or that I have created myself with my modest skills. Since all the models in the Fighter Fleet share common parts, having all of them on one thread will be easier to find. The files here can be used for any model but were mainly created for the following Centuri Fighter Fleet rockets:

F-4 Phantom
F-15 Eagle
F-16 Fighter
F-104 Starfighter
5J Israeli Mirage

DISCLAIMER: I am not really good at creating 3D files and some may have errors in them or could have been better designed. These files worked for me and I hope they work the same for those who decide to use them. If you improve on the design of these files, or create better ones, or create cool mods, please let us know and post your mods if you like to share them.

- Raúl
NAR #88644
SAM #230
EAC
CAT
Old 04-01-2021, 10:59 AM
rosko_racer

Default Centuri PNC-106

After some soul searching and internet research, most of the Fighter Fleet used the PNC-106 red plastic nose cone. The Semroc equivalent to the PNC-106 is the BC-1045P, which is a 4.5" rounded ogive. By looking at the Centuri part number I thought it would be a 6" long NC but it seems to be 4.5" long.

This NC is used on the following Fighter Fleet rockets:

F-16 Fighter
F-15 Eagle
F-104 Starfighter

Interesting note: The equivalent Semroc NC says it is a rounded ogive. I have found on some threads here on YORF people describing the PNC-106 as "pointy".... it would be interesting to see comments from those who have the actual model. I remember it being rounded.

EDIT:
Here are the STL files I used. There are three separate files (Nose Cone, Coupler/Shoulder, End Cap) to make it easier to print. Printing settings will depend on your printer. These parts are to be used with the Estes BT-50. If you want to use another manufacturer's BT or an ST-10 body tube then slight adjustments would have to be made to the files for a proper fit.

EDIT to EDIT:
The STL file for the NC has been changed to reflect the actual measurements taken from a NC from a kit, which measured 5" long. I have removed the 4.5" NC file and replaced it with a 5" NC model. I left the rest of this post intact as some still holds true: The Semroc equivalent NC says it is 4.5" long...

- Raúl
NAR #88644
SAM #230
EAC
CAT

Last edited by rosko_racer : 04-02-2021 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-01-2021, 03:33 PM
Master Modeler

Once again rosko_racer thanks for starting this thread. Your right putting everything in this one thread will be easier to reference these parts. I'm trying to learn Fusion 360 but I'm not having much luck. I think it has something with my age 72.

I have decided to build my F-16 with the Centuri fin and wing parts from the plans.
The only thing I'm staying with is the PNC-50E nose cone.
Once again thanks.

Frank.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  NC-50E.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  3.3 KB  
Old 04-02-2021, 01:36 PM
rosko_racer

Default Fuel Drop Pods

Here are the files I used for the fuel drop pods. There are four files: tail, body, tip, and two couplers. The main body, which is a substitute for the original BT-5/ST-5, has a hole in the middle. In order to ensure the hole to be in the middle of the tail fins (at a 90 degree angle) use the coupler that has the "C" profile / the one that has a missing section... the small BT and the tail section both have an alignment tabs that, when used with the coupler, will be aligned properly. Use the other coupler to sit the NC into the BT if needed. The hole also serves two purposes: 1) as an alignment guide to glue the pod to the pylons, and 2) you can insert a toothpick in the hole to hold the pod while painting it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:  Fuel Drop Pod 3D Layout.JPG
Views: 68
Size:  26.8 KB  
Attached Files
File Type: stl Fuel Drop Pod Couplers.stl (1.30 MB, 42 views)
File Type: stl Fuel Drop Pod Body.stl (1.95 MB, 36 views)
File Type: zip Fuel Drop Pod Tail.zip (1.25 MB, 40 views)
File Type: zip Fuel Drop Pod Tip.zip (1.29 MB, 41 views)

- Raúl
NAR #88644
SAM #230
EAC
CAT
Old 12-02-2021, 12:53 PM
rosko_racer

Default Missiles -

Been a while since I updated this thread. These are the files I used to create the missiles for my F-16 clone. They are designed to work with the 3/16 inch launch lugs. Feel free to experiment with them. Some are not the STL files as they were giving me trouble so I posted the 3MF files.

If while you use these files you note some kind or error or cannot use them let me know by posting a comment.

- Raul
Attached Files
File Type: zip Missile parts.zip (943.6 KB, 50 views)

- Raúl
NAR #88644
SAM #230
EAC
CAT
Old 05-13-2022, 01:54 PM
rosko_racer

After reading "The Mole's" recent request:

Thought about uploading pictures of how the 3D printed missiles from the STL files I posted ended up looking. Let me know what you think. Not too bad for someone who's 3D skills are not that great. I am going to later work on trying to recreate the original Sidewinder tips that they originally had. Wish me luck!!!

V/R,

r_r
Attached Thumbnails

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2021-03-28 at 11.07.02 AM(4).jpeg
Views: 24
Size:  44.9 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2021-03-28 at 11.07.02 AM.jpeg
Views: 25
Size:  49.6 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  3D printed Missiles 001.jpg
Views: 30