Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Current Kit Talk
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2005, 10:59 PM
BP Mafia

Default Quest packaging problems?

I'm not sure how prevalent this problem is, but I know I'm not the only one who has experienced it because I read a post on it elsewhere. I bought a Quest Flash kit today for a comparison article I'm working on for EMRR. When I pulled it from the package, I found the end of the body tube crimped because the packaging was too tight. I'm don't mean just slightly out of round. It's almost shaped like a trapezoid now, and to make matters worse, the kraft paper is starting to peel away. I'm not sure if they're trying to save $$ on packaging materials or if someone else is handling this for them and dropped the ball, but they're not off to an auspicious start in my book. (And you know what they say about first impressions.) I'm going to get in touch with their customer service, which might seem a bit ridiculous for a $4 rocket, but I'd like to know for sure that they're aware of this.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:13 AM
ReBAR Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum

I'm going to get in touch with their customer service, which might seem a bit ridiculous for a $4 rocket, but I'd like to know for sure that they're aware of this.

No, not ridiculous at all. If nobody calls to complain, they may go completely unaware of the problem, until sales start dropping. By that time they will have received a poor reputation and permanently driven away some customers. Better that they find out now, so that they can take steps to correct the problem.

Everybody wants to hear positive feedback. It makes you feel good. But truth be known, it's negative feedback that is most useful.

Personally, I haven't encountered this problem yet, but if I do, I'll be sure to contact their customer service and let them know about it.

Randal
Old 05-06-2005, 12:59 PM
FlisKits, Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShieldWolf

Everybody wants to hear positive feedback. It makes you feel good. But truth be known, it's negative feedback that is most useful.

Randal

Nothing could be more to the point. I *love* positive feedback (who wouldn't), but it is negative feedback that causes action. I can not count the number of times we've made a change as a result of customer imput, be it negative feedback or a very good suggestion.

Frankly, for a quality vendor, it's our life blood as it were

jim
Old 05-06-2005, 01:45 PM
BP Mafia

I sent an e-mail last night after I posted here and had a response from Matt by this morning when I got home. He asked if I could find another kit like it and send it to them, so I HAVE to go out and shop for rockets today. SHEESH! Try explaining THAT to your wife! ("Sorry, honey. It's for the good of the hobby.")
Old 05-06-2005, 04:42 PM
BARCLONE Rocketry

Angry

Quote:

I'm not sure how prevalent this problem is, but I know I'm not the only one who has experienced it because I read a post on it elsewhere. I bought a Quest Flash kit today for a comparison article I'm working on for EMRR. When I pulled it from the package, I found the end of the body tube crimped because the packaging was too tight. I'm don't mean just slightly out of round. It's almost shaped like a trapezoid now, and to make matters worse, the kraft paper is starting to peel away. I'm not sure if they're trying to save $$ on packaging materials or if someone else is handling this for them and dropped the ball, but they're not off to an auspicious start in my book. (And you know what they say about first impressions.) I'm going to get in touch with their customer service, which might seem a bit ridiculous for a $4 rocket, but I'd like to know for sure that they're aware of this.

Bill,

It's showing up in a number of their newer packages. I just opened a Sprint and found the same problem. Also, the one-piece molded NC was completely wonky. Totally out-of-round.

I've also noticed, Quest is beginning to get their production runs out of China. They used to have them done in Mexico.

I agree, Bill S. needs to get a handle on this QC problem. Sooner rather than later...

Craig...
Old 05-09-2005, 01:12 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
I sent an e-mail last night after I posted here and had a response from Matt by this morning when I got home. He asked if I could find another kit like it and send it to them, so I HAVE to go out and shop for rockets today. SHEESH! Try explaining THAT to your wife! ("Sorry, honey. It's for the good of the hobby.")

Bill,

Keep us apprised as to how this all pans out if you would. Thanks!
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558