Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2015, 01:09 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Default BOO to deletion of STINK PRANK THREADS

I know there have been several that have found humor and hilarity in my STINK PRANK threads, based on many of the comments.

Unfortunately they have been deleted somehow, even though several other non-rocketry threads remain in 'free for all'.
I am not aware of any rules these have violated as they have mostly contained little if any 'foul/supposed foul' language, nor do they contain politics.

Oh well...
I guess I won't be able to entertain any longer with "upper dekker" or "golf bag turd-drop" stories MANY found to be UBER-FUNNY.

If I have VIOLATED a RULE I'm not aware of, I apologize to Scott, but once again I'm not aware of a rule that discussion of fecal/stink humor/pranks that is being violated.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 03-27-2015, 02:14 PM
Not so Junior

Not having read the threads you talk about, I can only guess that some or all of them are covered by the general rules, particularly the ones in red.

kj

General Rules:

Discussion of and debating Politics is not allowed, even in the Free For All forum.
Discussion of and debating Religion is not allowed, even in the Free For All forum.
While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such.
Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
Non-Rocketry related advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature or violate Ye Olde Rocket Forum community standards. The Ye Olde Rocket Forum team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
Discussion of illegal activities such as software piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules.
Members are forbidden from profiting from any idea, sketch, or photo, or in short another member's property without a written agreement between the two parties.
It is requested that posts, quotes, photos and other material used on other sites, articles (published or electronic) include credit to the contributor and oldrocketforum.com
Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure this forum is not disrupted or abused in any way.

Any threads/posts of these types will be deleted.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:38 PM

To the best of my knowledge, my prank threads did not violate anything in "red" or any of the rules.

Old 03-27-2015, 02:39 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Kevin would be correct. I got sick of seeing posts like that, FreeForAll or not.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 03-27-2015, 02:41 PM
Old Canuck Modeller

GH, don't make the mistake of assuming that the deleted threads were highly popular and entertaining simply because all of the feedback you got was positive (if, in fact, that was the case). I suspect the posts were offensive to the 'silent majority'. I have found value in many of your posts in the past, especially those in which you exported some of your considerable knowledge in paints, chemicals and adhesion. But I chose not to read your 'stinkum' posts as I considered them childish and, after a while, just plain tedious.

Joe
Old 03-27-2015, 03:02 PM
Officially Middle-Aged Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo1986
GH, don't make the mistake of assuming that the deleted threads were highly popular and entertaining simply because all of the feedback you got was positive (if, in fact, that was the case). I suspect the posts were offensive to the 'silent majority'. I have found value in many of your posts in the past, especially those in which you exported some of your considerable knowledge in paints, chemicals and adhesion. But I chose not to read your 'stinkum' posts as I considered them childish and, after a while, just plain tedious.

Joe

Somebody say 'Amen'!

S.
SAM #0031
Old 03-27-2015, 04:02 PM
BP Mafia

I'm amazed at how much of the noise here seems to go unchecked. The occasional OT thread is one thing, but checking in to find an almost full slate of non-rocketry related chatter is pretty irritating. I realize that there's a long-standing tradition with threads straying off topic, but I seriously think that some around here need to take a long look at what kind of stuff they're posting. If your off-topic posting is over 25% of your total post output, you're the noise. It's a rocketry forum, not your soapbox or news channel. It's truly laughable to read the criticism of TRF's games threads, then read some of the drool in the FFA section. If there's a marked difference, I don't see it.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 03-27-2015, 04:07 PM

SOME obviously just don't get the entire FRIGGIN' CONCEPT of "Free For All" !
If ya don't like the subject line, don't FRACKIN' open it just to whine and complain.

MOVE ALONG, these are NOT the droids we are looking for.

Old 03-27-2015, 04:23 PM
Almost shovel ready

What...what did I do?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  dirty-baby.png
Views: 26
Size:  317.8 KB  

Last edited by tmacklin : 03-28-2015 at 11:56 PM.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:23 PM
Craftsman

Turn that BOO into a mighty hurrah for me! Down with "stinkum" threads!