Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > BARCLONE > Announcements
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2021, 09:56 PM
Master Modeler

All the new Aerotech and Quest motors are TRA certified and either currently have or will have California Fire Marshal approval by the time they go on sale.
Old 01-29-2021, 09:57 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbofireball
I have two observations. It seemed that Randy Boadway/eRockets was slated to present stuff. What happened? Hope everything is ok.

Secondly, Estes really didn't show a lot new from the last manufacturer's forum. There was a rehash of kits already available (no discussion about the Big Red Max), a more complete Dark-1 (X24 Buglike kit), Mars Snooper upscale box (no built-up), the new Antar was shown, AstroCam by itself, new igniters (same as last time), and the new catalog. Really the only thing else announced officially was an Upscale Orbital Transport.

Randy popped up in the “window” during an early presentation for a moment but I didn’t see him after that. He looked good by the way.

Bill Stine said to watch whatever rocket it is he drops during the Estes tour Sunday for a big hint on what the forthcoming licensed rocket is. I’m guessing it’s something from SpaceX.
Old 01-29-2021, 10:47 PM
Model Rocket Fanatic

Bill stated that the contracts with possibly SpaceX were not settled yet, thus he wouldn't comment on it. He also said the video of the factory tour was shot earlier, so I doubt a SpaceX kit would show up for the same reason. He also stated it was a scale kit, not a licensed kit, and Bill tends to be very careful with his wording.
I am also surprised he didn't show another new item that Estes has already told the hobby shops/distributors is coming soon.
Old 01-29-2021, 11:42 PM
Master Modeler

Yeah, I wondered what happened to Randy Boadway. He did pop onto the screen early on, but maybe he just couldn't hang in when the thing ran 40 minutes over even without him. I expect he's still recovering.

I think the biggest surprise for me was the 24mm x 70mm Q-Jet D22s and E26s. I can think of a few models that are set up for C11/D12 that will literally get quite a kick out of those, including that Super Mars Snooper that Bill Stine mentioned, since he said it will be 24mm. At NARAM last summer he was soliciting input as to whether it should be 18mm or 24mm. Glad the latter won out.

I thought those faux nozzles that Matt Steele showed that will fit over the 29mm Estes screw-on retainer rings were a cool idea. I'll be watching for those.
AMA 42160
KG7AIE
Old 01-30-2021, 02:14 AM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

I see a mention of the C5-0 coming back from Estes

Was there any mention/discussion of a possible return of the B8 series
engines ?
Getting at least the B8-0 or B14-0 back would allow one to fly a 3-stage flight of an Astron Farside, Arrow-300, Centuri T-Bird, or Comanche-3 with a good chance of recovering all stages.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 01-30-2021, 06:03 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
I see a mention of the C5-0 coming back from Estes

Was there any mention/discussion of a possible return of the B8 series
engines ?
Getting at least the B8-0 or B14-0 back would allow one to fly a 3-stage flight of an Astron Farside, Arrow-300, Centuri T-Bird, or Comanche-3 with a good chance of recovering all stages.

No discussion of specific new Estes motors past the C5-0 - just a very broad mention of motors with different/more power.

Gary Rosenfield specifically said there’s not going to be any QJets smaller than 18mm - so no 13mm motors.
Old 01-30-2021, 08:03 AM
Master Modeler

So who’s presentation do I watch live this afternoon - John Coker’s on dual deployment or our own Bernard Cawley’s on altimeters? Whichever I pick I’ll watch the recorded version of the other eventually but just like a ballgame, the recorded one’s not the same as live 😉
Old 01-30-2021, 08:34 AM
Master Modeler

For those of you who avoid TRF here’s the link to the Aerotech presentation http://www.aerotech-rocketry.com/up...sentation. pdf
Old 01-30-2021, 08:50 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_650
For those of you who avoid TRF here’s the link to the Aerotech presentation http://www.aerotech-rocketry.com/up...sentation. pdf

Gary had already posted it here:

https://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=19270

Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 01-30-2021, 09:07 AM
The_Ripper

If anyone is attending GPS Systems for Sport Rockets by Will Marchant please post some details here. I just found out I am going to miss this 10:00AM presentation but I will be back around the time of the lunch break to catch all the afternoon stuff I have blocked off. Thanks!
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates