Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2009, 08:43 AM
Craftsman

Default Unemployment in America is at 16%

Wow, I predicted this but I happened far far soone than what I had stated:

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.co...yment-rate.aspx

Oh well, don't worry ... be happy ... what else are YOU going to do?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

You are along for the ride just lile everyone else. You are chattle ... except it.

OH, BTW, 2 more families have been foreclosed on in our block. That brings the total of empty bank owned houses on my street to 6. I am in a good positon at the moment, but that can change ... might bail out of this sinking country while the getting is still good.

But the markets are up and Obama has a plan, so spend spend spend, borrow borrow borrow!

Good luck, and God bless us all.

Bob
Old 05-17-2009, 09:41 AM
Craftsman

Umm... wow... You know we are in a cycle. right?

Remember the crash of 87' that didn't happen by accident... this crap happens every ten years give or take a year or two.

Remember 96 -98' when the dot com's busted... didn't happen by accident.

Remember 76 - 77' no gasoline and people were waiting in lines a mile long to get gas.
This didn't happen by accident either... where have you been dude?

There is a lot of information out there on why this stuff happens. Stop reading and watching the news on TV as they lie and pass false info on everything.

my 2 cents

Old 05-17-2009, 11:19 AM
Trust me, it'll work!

Yeah, I've been layed-off since last September and just started my extension. I'm hoping things turn around sooner than expected. I really do not want to move half way across the country again just to find work. They just did another 2 month lay-off at the TRW plant of people that have been there for 15 plus years.

As for Inflight's comments, some of us know it is the Free Masons plotting to take over...
Old 05-17-2009, 01:10 PM
Member in Good Standing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrofte
[snip]
As for Inflight's comments, some of us know it is the Free Masons plotting to take over...

Yepper. I'm a Free Mason, 32nd degree at that. A real high rank. I'm collecting all them Ducats, gold bars etc. We're out to make Pelosi the next queen!
Old 05-17-2009, 03:19 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketflyer
Yepper. I'm a Free Mason, 32nd degree at that. A real high rank. I'm collecting all them Ducats, gold bars etc. We're out to make Pelosi the next queen!

I thought Pelosi was already a "queen."
Old 05-17-2009, 05:37 PM
BAR Wannabee

Send a message via MSN to JRThro Send a message via Yahoo to JRThro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketflyer

Isn't Nancy Pelosi at least nominally Roman Catholic? If so, I don't think she can have anything to do with secret societies like the Freemasons.

Also, Jack? From what little I know of your political beliefs, it's hard to believe that you'd have anything to do with elevating Nancy Pelosi to any higher position of power!
John Thro, NAR #84553 SR
I was too old when I started! Now I'll *never* become a BAR!
Old 05-17-2009, 05:47 PM
Retired Missile Technician

"You are chattle ... except it."

Bob, I have seen your posts for quite a while and you are nothing positive. All YOU do is to try and stir up ant hills instead of offering answers. I live in a state of fire ants and I like them more than you.

Where are the moderators?

I do believe that instead of "except it" that you mean "accept it". Heck of a difference.

If you can't functually use the English, why don't you go elsewhere.

Where are the moderators to keep this forum on topic? Free for all, et al, does not mean rant without content.

Air Force retiree, nuclear qualified, and pretty much sane (although the wife has a vote....).

Chas
Old 05-17-2009, 06:27 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker01
Wow, I predicted this but I happened far far soone than what I had stated:

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.co...yment-rate.aspx

Oh well, don't worry ... be happy ... what else are YOU going to do?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

You are along for the ride just lile everyone else. You are chattle ... except it.

OH, BTW, 2 more families have been foreclosed on in our block. That brings the total of empty bank owned houses on my street to 6. I am in a good positon at the moment, but that can change ... might bail out of this sinking country while the getting is still good.

But the markets are up and Obama has a plan, so spend spend spend, borrow borrow borrow!

Good luck, and God bless us all.

Bob

Perfect place for you: http://groups.google.com/group/rec....s?lnk=srg&hl=en
They don't worry about spelling, moderation or rocketry. You can blather aimlessly to your hearts content and as far as I know no one can killfile you. Hurry. If you leave now you can get in on all the bashing going on of everything unrelated to this hobby.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 05-17-2009, 10:18 PM
BAR Wannabee

Send a message via MSN to JRThro Send a message via Yahoo to JRThro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas Russell
"You are chattle ... except it."

Bob, I have seen your posts for quite a while and you are nothing positive. All YOU do is to try and stir up ant hills instead of offering answers. I live in a state of fire ants and I like them more than you.

Where are the moderators?

I do believe that instead of "except it" that you mean "accept it". Heck of a difference.

If you can't functually use the English, why don't you go elsewhere.

Where are the moderators to keep this forum on topic? Free for all, et al, does not mean rant without content.

Air Force retiree, nuclear qualified, and pretty much sane (although the wife has a vote....).

Chas

"Chattle" is misspelled, too, though I'm not sure if he meant "cattle" or "chattel."
John Thro, NAR #84553 SR
I was too old when I started! Now I'll *never* become a BAR!
Old 05-18-2009, 05:53 AM
Master Modeler

I'm all for passing on thoughts, but I have to say this particular attempted execution and the following responses did in fact make me chuckle out loud.

It could be argued that the financial health of this country can be directly tied to the financial health of our beloved hobby. As someone that owns a business that is based on the recreational sector, I can tell you that business is WAY DOWN. I used to have 2 full time employees and 3 part timers. Now I only have 1 part time guy. Scary times indeed. People just don't have the disposable income to spend on recreational activities.

BTW, I spell corrected 8 words before posting this little response. I can't spell to save my butt, yet rarely post a misspelled word. The embedded spell check programs on these newfangled computers are a wonderful thing.

"Those who trade liberty for security have neither" - Benjamin Franklin

"Semroc is almost always the answer" - Stefanj

www.paulsavia.com

www.soundclick.com/paulsavia