Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2014, 09:02 AM
Rockets & BP= Happy, Happy, Happy

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag
Pancreatitis is extremely painful.

I'm so glad he is doing better.

Thoughts and prayers...

Allen

That's an understatement if I ever heard one!

Acute Pancreatitis will cause you to pass out from the pain, shake like a leaf, cry out uncontrollably, sweat buckets of water, you have fluid on your abdomen, which is what is causing everything inside your gut to spasm at will. you have no control and no amount of pain meds will touch it. Your clothes won't fit because of the swelling. You hurt so bad you can't even communicate. To top it all off. You can't pass urine either. Every time you try the spasms intensify again.

YOU DON'T WANT THAT CONDITION TO JUMP ON YOU EVER!

That is one crazy, eye opening condition to be sure.

My sympathies to Bruce if that is what he is going through. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

That poor man has been through so much already.

David

NAR #96285

SoAR #503

My Low Power Rocket Fleet

Level 1 (2-22-2014) GRITS Winternationals
Level 2 TBD
Level 3 TBD
Old 01-24-2014, 12:54 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronot
That's an understatement if I ever heard one!

Acute Pancreatitis will cause you to pass out from the pain, shake like a leaf, cry out uncontrollably, sweat buckets of water, you have fluid on your abdomen, which is what is causing everything inside your gut to spasm at will. you have no control and no amount of pain meds will touch it. Your clothes won't fit because of the swelling. You hurt so bad you can't even communicate. To top it all off. You can't pass urine either. Every time you try the spasms intensify again.

YOU DON'T WANT THAT CONDITION TO JUMP ON YOU EVER!

That is one crazy, eye opening condition to be sure.

My sympathies to Bruce if that is what he is going through. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

That poor man has been through so much already.

David

Yes, pancreatitis is nothing to mess around with AT ALL. I hope they have gotten some handle on it by now for sure. As you say, he's been through QUITE an ordeal already. He doesn't need to be dealing with that condition right now.

Continued prayers to all Sheryl!

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 01-25-2014, 08:20 AM
FlisKits, Inc.

Have not had the chance to post for a while and have no new updates beyond what Sheryl has already posted, with one exception..

I've seen Bruce posting on FaceBook... LOL

man, this is the longest Christmas season I've ever seen!

Toad's Tavern - http://toadstavern.com/
Personal site - http://jflis.com/
Old 01-25-2014, 07:58 PM
FlisKits, Inc.

Ya know, a lot can change In a very short time....

Tonight, for the first time in a month, I heard a genuin laugh come from Sheryl

What a wonderful sound...

Bruce continues to improve. He is heading to rehab, and his memory of events is getting better. His kidneys are not responding as fast as they would like (dialysis every other day still), but still, considering.... Man...

He can talk a bit, but has to cover the trach hole to do it. It will be a couple of weeks for that to heal up. BUT, his various and many wounds ARE healing, marking the functioning of a healthy immune system.

Also, FOLKS, yesterday was his birthday... We should flood him with cards

Yeah, a good day

Toad's Tavern - http://toadstavern.com/
Personal site - http://jflis.com/
Old 01-26-2014, 04:48 AM
Craftsman

Default Bruce

Thank you everyone for your prayers, words of encouragement, and gifts of money for Bruce. They are all most appreciated. Thank you Jim, for keeping everyone informed when I couldn't.

Again, I can't thank you all enough,
Sheryl
Old 01-29-2014, 07:49 AM
Craftsman

Default Bruce

Just talked to Bruce this morning. He has trouble sleeping now. They are going to put a port for dialysis in today. They are not going to release him from rehab until next week. Haven't talked to doctors but it looks like he will need dialysis for some time.

Sheryl
Old 01-29-2014, 11:32 AM
Master Modeler

Sorry to hear that the dialysis will have to continue. I'm given to understand that it is not pleasant. My best wishes and prayers for Bruce's continued (and swift) recovery and also for you and the family.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:06 AM
Craftsman

Default Bruce

Bruce is a very good testimony of God's love. The doctor called Saturday with the results that his kidneys were working and he did not need dialysis any more. They had given him permission to leave the hospital Saturday and Sunday as long as he came back by 8pm on Saturday and 2pm Sunday. His biker friends (Iron Order) from around the state (NC) sponsored a ride for him on Saturday to end up at his church with a dinner. All proceeds were to go toward his bills. He was able to go to that. Sunday, he was able to go to church (Radient). Everyone was very emotional and happy to see him. It was a wonderful weekend. Now it will be just getting his strength back. He has lost about 35lbs and has to be careful with what he eats but that will be easy compared to what he has previously faced .

Thank you everyone for yor prayers. God certainly heard all of you. He is truly awesome.

Sheryl
Old 02-03-2014, 08:09 AM
Old Submariner

Wonderful news!

4 out of 3 people struggle with math.

Chemically, alcohol IS a solution.

NAR# 94042
SAM# 0078
Old 02-03-2014, 09:38 AM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl@Semroc
Bruce is a very good testimony of God's love. The doctor called Saturday with the results that his kidneys were working and he did not need dialysis any more. They had given him permission to leave the hospital Saturday and Sunday as long as he came back by 8pm on Saturday and 2pm Sunday. His biker friends (Iron Order) from around the state (NC) sponsored a ride for him on Saturday to end up at his church with a dinner. All proceeds were to go toward his bills. He was able to go to that. Sunday, he was able to go to church (Radient). Everyone was very emotional and happy to see him. It was a wonderful weekend. Now it will be just getting his strength back. He has lost about 35lbs and has to be careful with what he eats but that will be easy compared to what he has previously faced .

Thank you everyone for yor prayers. God certainly heard all of you. He is truly awesome.

Sheryl

Amen and Amen! Wonderful, joyous news!!

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970