Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2006, 03:17 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Whew....
I was wondering if they decided not to produce them for some reason.

I sincerely hope my comments were not taken as negative either...they were not intended to be.
I just know how great the stuff/parts/kits from Carl/Sheryl/Bruce & the whole gang at Semroc are and sometimes get carried away with anticipation !

Maybe if they could just publish a "Targeted" launch date for a new product....that would make the system somewhat "Closed Loop" in engineering jargon..I'm sure everyone would be understanding if for example Semroc "SLS Widget or etc" was shown with a Launch target of Fall 2006 had to be moved to Winter 2007 etc....

On the other hand maybe we are spoiled in that Carl generally gives us much more info about upcoming products than anyone else.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, TURMOIL, FIASCOS, and HAVOC !
Old 07-25-2006, 03:19 PM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

I was suprised by the negative feel of some of the comments about the SEMROC site.

I can't build Carl's stuff as fast as he can make it. If he wants to take a bit longer on some kits well, that just temporarily solves some of my storage problems.

http://sandmandecals.com/
Old 07-25-2006, 04:04 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman
I was suprised by the negative feel of some of the comments about the SEMROC site.

Me too...and saddened by it as well. Up front pricing/shipping, free kits, great quality, repro kits, quick shipping...it can't get much better!
Old 07-25-2006, 04:42 PM
ACE DISASTER COMPANY

I think people lost touch with the fact that Semroc doesn't HAVE to produce any particular kit. They already have an great lineup, and are working very hard to add to it...but if a kit doesn't come together. we certainly don't have any reason (or right) to gripe. Just a thought...
By the way, my SLS Laser X ROCKS!
Old 07-25-2006, 04:50 PM
Red River Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Whew....
I was wondering if they decided not to produce them for some reason.

I sincerely hope my comments were not taken as negative either...they were not intended to be.
I just know how great the stuff/parts/kits from Carl/Sheryl/Bruce & the whole gang at Semroc are and sometimes get carried away with anticipation !

Maybe if they could just publish a "Targeted" launch date for a new product....that would make the system somewhat "Closed Loop" in engineering jargon..I'm sure everyone would be understanding if for example Semroc "SLS Widget or etc" was shown with a Launch target of Fall 2006 had to be moved to Winter 2007 etc....

On the other hand maybe we are spoiled in that Carl generally gives us much more info about upcoming products than anyone else.

True. The quality of the kits he's turning out is fantastic, and we wouldn't want that to drop at all. He is very forthcoming on the new releases. I try to get a kit out once per quarter (hey, I'm still small fry ) but that gets hard to do whn real life (and budget stuff) gets in the way. I loudly applaud Carl's efforts!

John
Old 07-25-2006, 04:52 PM
Red River Rocketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP
I think people lost touch with the fact that Semroc doesn't HAVE to produce any particular kit. They already have an great lineup, and are working very hard to add to it...but if a kit doesn't come together. we certainly don't have any reason (or right) to gripe. Just a thought...
By the way, my SLS Laser X ROCKS!

Ok... I guess I better get my SLS Laser-X built so we can drag race 'em!

John
Old 07-25-2006, 05:22 PM
ACE DISASTER COMPANY

I didn't say my SLS Laser X was BUILT yet...
Old 07-25-2006, 05:46 PM
BAR Wannabee

Send a message via MSN to JRThro Send a message via Yahoo to JRThro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
We have been getting far too many complaints lately about how we try to keep our customers informed about our future products. We have attempted to keep Semroc almost transparent so our customers had some influence on our future directions and knew what we were working on. The content of some recent emails have made it clear that, "We voted for it, now produce it!" Some have questioned our integrity; that we never intended to produce kits that we are working very hard on and have far too much capital tied up on.

It has not been our intention to "scheme" the public, if that is the way it came across. That is the reason our website has been trimmed of everything that is "planned", "coming soon", "in the works", or just a work in progress. After NARAM, we are going to try to find a way to provide the same service, but without the grief. Suggestions welcome!

None of this has impacted anything we are working on.

Carl, if my comment(s) came across as negative, that wasn't my intention at all. Looking at things from your perspective, I can see how the constant nagging/whining/etc. would get tiresome after a while. Personally, I think that the transparency you've maintained to this point has been one of the great things about Semroc, and I'll bet that others will agree.

Maybe instead of "Coming Soon!" the description might be something like "Kits We're Working On And Plan To Produce At Some Indeterminate Time In The Future When It Makes Financial Sense To Do So!"

(That was meant as a joke, btw.)
John Thro, NAR #84553 SR
I was too old when I started! Now I'll *never* become a BAR!
Old 07-25-2006, 07:43 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
We have been getting far too many complaints lately about how we try to keep our customers informed about our future products. We have attempted to keep Semroc almost transparent so our customers had some influence on our future directions and knew what we were working on. The content of some recent emails have made it clear that, "We voted for it, now produce it!" Some have questioned our integrity; that we never intended to produce kits that we are working very hard on and have far too much capital tied up on.

It has not been our intention to "scheme" the public, if that is the way it came across. That is the reason our website has been trimmed of everything that is "planned", "coming soon", "in the works", or just a work in progress. After NARAM, we are going to try to find a way to provide the same service, but without the grief. Suggestions welcome!

Carl,

Sorry to hear that a few have ruined it for the many. It's not like as if you're taking pre-orders and taking people's money without producing a product. I'm still patiently waiting for the Payloader II to be released since it was my first rocket. I can wait another few years.

I know it may be hard, but I'd just ignore the complainers.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 07-27-2006, 02:42 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:

Carl,

I hope that my comments were not viewed to be "negative". I never questioned the fact that you were working on the Saturn 1B or Little Joe II.

I guess I was just expressing my "impatience". You never said what kits would come out in which order nor did you ever give a release date before having kits ready.

I have been more than happy with all the kits and with the quaility of the parts I have purchased from SEMROC and I will certainly be buying more in the future.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to many more releases, whenever they occur.