Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Swap Shoppe > For Sale
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2007, 12:24 AM
Junior Rocketeer

I don't think you understand. Read my post (above) again. I can prove that I am who I say I am. I am new here, but I am not this Jonesy person. I post here a few times and people make assumptions and try to ruin my post. I don't know what else I can do to prove that I am not this person. I gave my actual name and eBay handle. You want my phone number?
Old 04-22-2007, 12:34 AM
Cosmic American

Dude, do you see my post above where I Googled your email address, found that you have 411 positive feedbacks and said "looks safe"? The rest is just explanation as to why the suspicion would be there to begin with. My lord.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:39 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Looks safe? My feedback is flawless. I'm not Jonesy. I think you may get it now...sheesh
I'll warn the next new member that people will assume that he or she is Jonesy so that there is no misunderstanding.

The next time, send me a PM with your explanation of why you thought I was Jonesy. I noticed that the first person who replied to this post was RoyAtl. Perhaps the 'Atl' is short for Atlanta? I live in Chamblee, Georgia and RoyAtl can come and see the rockets in person if he chooses. Unless Jonesy is from Georgia, I think that you can put this to rest. No hard feelings, but this is a tough crowd.

Last edited by 401flightcranks : 04-22-2007 at 01:06 AM.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:04 AM
Cosmic American

Tough by the necessity of protecting people's hard earned money...

I'm a GA boy too, BTW.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:56 AM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by 401flightcranks
. I tryed to post some items for sale, and people make assumptions and ruin my post, so I do take offense.

Most forums require a minimum number 25 or 50 posts before even allowing a member to post for sale items. It lets people get to know the member a little bit and helps prevent spamming and scamming. If you still take offense to us trying to take care of each other when you just show up out of the blue and start posting for sale items after so many of the rocket community has been burned, you likely won't get too many buyers from this forum.

Sorry, but a "third" post is still not much to go on. Ebay members have their identities hijacked all the time. That's now a big buisness in the relm of the cyber crooks. I could post my "real name" on the forum all day long and nobody will actually know if I'm telling the truth or if I made the name up. If you had come here and talked about rockets for a few dozen posts and then posted your items for sale, nobody would have said a single word except that you have some nice kits for sale.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:33 AM
SPEV/Orion wrangler

Others have given you the back story and reasons for my initial post. As i said then, if you're not Jonesy, I apologize, but you followed his modus operandi and raised the red flags.
Given that, you shouldn't be surprised that we'd be suspicious.

Since you're from Chamblee, why don't you come out to SoAR's launch next Saturday (http://www.soar571.com )? There's probably at least two or three people who would jump at the chance for a collectable or two, and you'll probably meet a couple other EBay merchants.

Roy Green (from a hotel room in Perry, GA, already late for the second day of SoAR's Springfest Launch in Lilly)
Old 04-22-2007, 08:39 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Ok folks. People have said their piece, now let's move on. The OP has explained his position and has offered to prove who he is if need be by using the eBay bidding system. I'll admit, when I first saw the original post I thought of Jonesy as well. I have the advantage of seeing the rest of the users info though as far as email address and IP address which did not correlate with Jonesy.

For those of you still worried about this persons identity, just don't purchase his items. For those looking to possibly save some money on some old kits vs getting into a bidding war on eBay, I see nothing wrong with this seller.

Thank you.

YORF Owner
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 04-28-2007, 01:17 AM
Master Modeler

I purchased 3 of his rockets on Ebay, Thank you for the fast service and the rockets are in great shape....