Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Swap Shoppe > For Sale
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2008, 05:04 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Red face Thinking of selling of some FSI and Estes stuff- NOW UP FOR SALE!

Greetings fellow BAR...

So, I have been thinking of selling of some of my collection of rocket stuff to help pay for one of these "to good to be true" deals.

I have a bunch of Estes, FSI and other kits stored away. I have started to sell of trains via ebay, but don't really like the idea of doing that with the rockets. So, my question is what is the best way to proceed? Should I put a list items up and let people bid on it or just put a price?

How do I come up with a price for some of these FSI kits? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I would rather these things end up with people that really want them, that is why I am posting it here first.

Thanks,
Bob

Last edited by 2ahoser : 07-02-2008 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Putting it up for sale!!!
Old 06-23-2008, 07:54 PM
BAR Wannabee

Send a message via MSN to JRThro Send a message via Yahoo to JRThro

I would suggest listing the items with a price, although letting people make offers would work too.

If you aren't sure about some of the kits, you could price some and let people make offers on others.
John Thro, NAR #84553 SR
I was too old when I started! Now I'll *never* become a BAR!
Old 06-23-2008, 08:35 PM
The_Ripper

Don {barone} recently sold off a bunch of FSI stuff here:

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/show...203&postcount=1

You could get an idea of what some of those Flight Systems kits went for in that post .....

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates
Old 06-26-2008, 03:28 PM
Junior Rocketeer

Default Seems like.....

the best way to proceed is put together a list and post it here first, then see what interest there is. I would like to see these go to someone that knows what it is, then stick it on ebay.

I will try to get some pricing together too. I will try to get it together on Sunday

Thanks,
Bob
Old 07-02-2008, 02:48 AM
Junior Rocketeer

Default OK- Here is a list of some stuff......

Here is a list of some of the stuff I was thinking of selling:

FSI #1014 Black Brant II in box, which I think has been open, but everything is there

FSI #1023 Nike-Tomahawk in box, which I think has been open, but everything is there

FSI #1031 Sandia Sandhawk in box, which I think has been open, but everything is there

FSI Voyager, NIB with orange bag top

FSI MRK-6 Orbit, NIB with orange bag top

FSI Sprint, NIB with green bag top

FSI MRK-9 Viking 1, NIB with blue bag top

FSI MRK-4, Voyager, NIB with blue bag top

FSI MRK-15, Echo 1 Two Stage, NIB with blue bag top

FSI MRK-3, Nova, NIB with orange bag top

FSI 1007 Sprint, NIB with white bag top

FSI MRK-5, OSO, NIB with orange bag top

Estes Orbital Transport, re-release, NIB $20each ( I have 3)

Estes 1236 Kit NO. K36, Saturn V, NIB and seem to even have some old D12-3's in the box!!!

I know most of you don't know me, but I have been around awhile. I have a ebay account under the name "2ahoser" and I am manager of the rocket store at the Sunriver Nature Center ( www.rocketryshop.org). I will accept offers until July 7th, then either I will accept your offers, or I will stick them up on ebay. I know most of the smaller FSI kits have been selling on ebay from $25- $50 and the big ones from $60- $90. The Saturn V has been all over the place, from $50- $250!!!

You can pay via paypal or cashier's check.

If someone wants to buy a large portion of the stuff listed above, I will accept offers for that too. I have a huge collection of rocketry stuff, but right now, this is what I am willing to part with. Good luck, let me know if you have any questions,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Clear skies and calm winds,

Bob