Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Swap Shoppe > Wanted: Dead or Alive!
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2022, 05:45 PM
Apollo Nut

Default Centuri Rocket Times

I am looking for original copies of two Centuri Rocket Times issues. One is Issue #2 which I do not believe is posted online anywhere. It was issued, I believe, in early 1974. I have seen a photo of part of the first page. It was, like Issue #1, a two-sided 11 x 17 sheet, folded in half.

The other issue I am looking for (again, original copies) is the Winter 1975-1976 issue. A link to this issue is on Ninfinger: http://www.ninfinger.org/rockets/ca...6WcenRTcov.html

If you have either of these issues and are willing to part with them please drop me a PM and we can discuss further.

Thanks in advance.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 01-06-2022, 04:21 PM
Craftsman

The attached list is one I have on my hard drive. I can't remember if I found this on the old Model Rockets Newsgroups or if it was something I typed up years ago.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Centuri Rocket Times List.txt (1.6 KB, 75 views)
Old 01-06-2022, 05:30 PM
Apollo Nut

Don-

Thanks for the list; that matches up with what I have on hand, except for the two issues I am missing: #2 and one of the three ‘Matador’ cover photo issues.

Issue #1 I can report was dated December, 1973. I have it. Issue #2, which I have seen a photo of part of the front page, was dated sometime in early 1974, maybe around February or March. Both those issues, as mentioned above, are single sheet 11 x 17, printed on both sides and folded in half.

And issues 12-15 were never issued, actually. I was a very active mail order customer during that time frame I can say Centuri never sent out actual issues with those numbers. Grant Boyd, Rocket Times editor, mentions in I think it was the Fall 1977 issue that Rocket Times would, from that time forward, only come with the catalog; nor more ‘in between’ issues. He goes on to say something like, “So, counting all the in between issues, this makes our 16th Rocket Times”. I never really completely understood that comment, but bottom line, the only Rocket Times that were issued at that time went directly from Spring/summer 1977 issue to the Fall/Winter 1977 issue.

Thanks again for the list.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Old 01-07-2022, 08:30 AM
Craftsman

Earl,

Thanks for the info about the Centuri Rocket Times. I updated the list and posted it below.

If you have a chance, could you scan the #1 issue and send it to Scott to post?

I think I have a hard copy or at least a scan of every issue except for that one and the #2 issue that you are looking for.

Thanks,

Don A
Attached Files
File Type: txt Centuri Rocket Times List.txt (1.8 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by Don Altschwager : 01-07-2022 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Update Attachment File
Old 01-07-2022, 09:26 AM
BP Mafia

All of these don't contain a plan from the design contest, but are all of the plans accounted for at Ninfinger?

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 01-07-2022, 02:12 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Altschwager
Earl,

Thanks for the info about the Centuri Rocket Times. I updated the list and posted it below.

If you have a chance, could you scan the #1 issue and send it to Scott to post?

I think I have a hard copy or at least a scan of every issue except for that one and the #2 issue that you are looking for.

Thanks,

Don A

Don-

Attached below are the front and back scans of Rocket Times #1.

Earl
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Centuri Rocket Times 1 Dec 1973-1.pdf (1.75 MB, 70 views)
File Type: pdf Centuri Rocket Times 1 Dec 1973-2.pdf (1.63 MB, 60 views)
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Old 01-07-2022, 04:04 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Don-

Attached below are the front and back scans of Rocket Times #1.

Earl

Thanks Earl! I updated my attachment in my second posting of the "Centuri Rocket Times List" to add "Sweep Up Specials" to the description of issue #1.
Old 02-02-2022, 11:03 AM
Apollo Nut

Default Some Rocket Times #2 'Images'

Hey, I thought I had lost these images but found them a couple days ago.

These are a couple of images of Rocket Times #2 that were in an eBay listing 4-5 years ago. There was a bunch of stuff in the listing, most of which I did not need, so I did not bid on it. However, I did save these two images of this Rocket Times. This is the only Rocket Times issue that, as far as I know, is not captured or posted anywhere.

Again, this edition is much like #1 in that it is a single sheet of 11 x 17 paper folded in half.

Sadly, one cannot see all of the first page, but there is a decent amount that CAN be read (mainly, that the sales from edition #1 apparently had been great!). The second page image is very small, so not a great deal can be 'read' from it at all, but one can see what is listed for sale. And a decent amount of that looks to be the same that would be in subsequent Rocket Times editions. The photo on page 2 cannot really be deciphered completely, but appears to be an interior shot of some of Centuri's work/warehouse space; maybe a kit assembly line.

But, this is at least a glance at what edition #2 looked like. Again, if someone has this issue and are willing to part with it (or even loan it), please drop me a PM.

Earl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Rocket Times No 2a.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  415.5 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Rocket Times No 2b.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  372.9 KB  
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Old 02-02-2022, 11:14 AM
Craftsman

Earl,

Way cool!

I scanned and sent to JimZ issues 18, 19, 20, 21 22, and 23. When he posts them I think that all known issues can be found online (here on the Ye Olde Rocket site, Ninfinger and JimZ).

I think I may have all the Estes Model Rocket News issues that are missing on the JimZ site with the exceptions of 1961 and 1962. I need to scan those and send them to him. I think John Langford mentioned at NARCON that he would like to post those on the Estes website also.
Old 02-02-2022, 01:58 PM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Altschwager
Earl,

Way cool!

I scanned and sent to JimZ issues 18, 19, 20, 21 22, and 23. When he posts them I think that all known issues can be found online (here on the Ye Olde Rocket site, Ninfinger and JimZ).

I think I may have all the Estes Model Rocket News issues that are missing on the JimZ site with the exceptions of 1961 and 1962. I need to scan those and send them to him. I think John Langford mentioned at NARCON that he would like to post those on the Estes website also.

Don-

When you say "all known issues", does that include #2 or no? I am assuming not, but just want to make sure. I have not been able to find it anywhere myself.

On the issues you say you have recently scanned, I know that #18 is from the 801 catalog and that #23 is from the 821 catalog. The 811 catalog has a Rocket Times, but it is not numbered. Is that, presumably, #19? The last Centuri catalog in '83 did not have a Rocket times. Where are the others from? Were they in sales circulars that Centuri sent out from time to time?

Thanks,

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions