Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Mission Control
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Retired Missile Technician

Great pictures Bill. Looked like you were on a roll. Do you use talc on your parachutes? I always have a plastic bottle of it in my range box. Hobby Lobby often has the plastic squeeze bottles on sale. My biggest problem Saturday was getting the parachute and nose cone from my SEMROC Explorer out of a tree.
Love the Vega. Mine is showing wear and tear, but still is a favorite.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:59 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWmarlow
Great Pics as always!...You know I have purchased Three Vegas but never built any...one went to a Kid that lost His Big Betty...One was a Prize in a Middle school Raffle...and One was Ground into bits by an Unfaithful (now ex) wife

Thanks. Always trying to do my part to up the rocketry content around these parts.
I did a comparison article with the Vega, a Betty, a Bertha and a Tangent several years back. I think I eventually treed the Tangent, and the Bertha has seen action at B6-4 Field, but the Vega and Betty haven't seen much in the way of action since then. The Betty will have to go along for the next launch. I've got a balsa Tangent that I might make a project out of this week, now that I think about it.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II, Xarconian Cruiser Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2
Old 11-19-2012, 02:03 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas Russell
Great pictures Bill. Looked like you were on a roll. Do you use talc on your parachutes? I always have a plastic bottle of it in my range box. Hobby Lobby often has the plastic squeeze bottles on sale. My biggest problem Saturday was getting the parachute and nose cone from my SEMROC Explorer out of a tree.
Love the Vega. Mine is showing wear and tear, but still is a favorite.

No, but halfway through the launch yesterday I began thinking that it might not be a bad idea. I also thought my 12" nylon chute would come in handy if I could find it.
Other than the Vega close call, I had no tree incidents yesterday. Nice and calm. I did wander over to see if the nose cone for the Fat Boy had fallen, but it's still hanging strong. Luckily I had a backup.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II, Xarconian Cruiser Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2