Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Jeeze, John, should we be worried? Estes isn't going all-RTF or something, are they?

I sure hope not or I'll be out of a job. I believe there is a mixture of Over Stocked and Discontinued items in this special sale. I also don't know how long this sale is going to last so spread the word and buy, buy, buy.

John Boren
Old 12-11-2013, 09:44 PM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

My order went through except for the D region Tomahawks.

OH, ya snooze ya loose.

I looseded on those.

I got everything for Joe, except the D Regions and when I get the order I'll resend it to Joe.

http://sandmandecals.com/
Old 12-11-2013, 10:48 PM
Old Time Rocketeer

Just ordered a bunch of Mega Mosquitos to build some upscale Goony Birds (that I'll probably never get around to building).

L1 cert: AAA Magnum PA Crude/Vulcan H100 Smokey Sam
L2 cert: LOC/Precision Magnum/Aerotech J350
L3 cert: Smokin' Rockets Nike Smoke/Aerotech M1315
Old 12-11-2013, 11:47 PM
When Pigs Fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
I picked up a few Eliminators to build Enerjet clones. Old Rockets till the very end!

I did the same thing!
Gotta love the 1340 Enejet fin can.

www.oddlrockets.com
www.modelrocketbuilding.blogspot.com
http://www.nar.org/educational-reso...ing-techniques/
Your results may vary
"Nose cones roll, be careful with that."
Every spaceman needs a ray gun.
Look out - I'm the Meister Shyster!
Old 12-12-2013, 01:47 AM
SPEV/Orion wrangler

Ok, this is very odd and is likely to P'me'O really badly, but I spent a good bit of time putting together an order, then checked out through PayPal, which was successful, I guess only to have the site totally throw up at the "review" stage, as PayPal now has no record of it and I haven't gotten any confirmation email from Estes.

Now I think I see what the problem was. Shipping type was not selected. IT SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE SELECTED!!!!! IT SHOULD DEFAULT TO FREE SHIPPING WHEN THE TOTAL IS OVER $25. It also should have been pointed out by some means other than greying out the review button!!

I WOULD BE FIRED IF I DESIGNED CODE LIKE THIS!!!!!!!

So of course, the order is lost.

And I won't make another one.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:07 AM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royatl
Ok, this is very odd and is likely to P'me'O really badly, but I spent a good bit of time putting together an order, then checked out through PayPal, which was successful, I guess only to have the site totally throw up at the "review" stage, as PayPal now has no record of it and I haven't gotten any confirmation email from Estes.

Now I think I see what the problem was. Shipping type was not selected. IT SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE SELECTED!!!!! IT SHOULD DEFAULT TO FREE SHIPPING WHEN THE TOTAL IS OVER $25. It also should have been pointed out by some means other than greying out the review button!!

I WOULD BE FIRED IF I DESIGNED CODE LIKE THIS!!!!!!!

So of course, the order is lost.

And I won't make another one.

Yeah, I just had basically the same thing happen... got to the review stage and something I picked was "out of stock" and so the order didn't process... I took the OOS item off the list and tried to re-run it, typed all my info in again, and got to the credit card page and it WOULDN'T ALLOW ME TO REENTER THE CREDIT CARD INFO! Just absolutely stupid...

To h3ll with 'em... if they don't want to even make a website that friggin works, I'm not wasting time on them. I just wanted to get a few things I wouldn't ordinarily buy while the prices were good... oh well... I guess I'll get what I want at HL on the 40% off coupon or on closeout.

That's something I can't figure out about a lot of these online vendors-- they'll spend probably big bucks on a fancy-shmancy website that looks absolutely great but doesn't work worth a tinker's d@mn when it comes to either finding things or processing the order... just plain stupid IMHO, no two ways about it... FAR better to have a "plain jane" website that actually works than a fancy one you can't find anything on and can't process a d@mn order through...

Later! OL JR
Old 12-12-2013, 08:30 AM
Apollo Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke strawwalker
Yeah, I just had basically the same thing happen... got to the review stage and something I picked was "out of stock" and so the order didn't process... I took the OOS item off the list and tried to re-run it, typed all my info in again, and got to the credit card page and it WOULDN'T ALLOW ME TO REENTER THE CREDIT CARD INFO! Just absolutely stupid...

To h3ll with 'em... if they don't want to even make a website that friggin works, I'm not wasting time on them. I just wanted to get a few things I wouldn't ordinarily buy while the prices were good... oh well... I guess I'll get what I want at HL on the 40% off coupon or on closeout.

That's something I can't figure out about a lot of these online vendors-- they'll spend probably big bucks on a fancy-shmancy website that looks absolutely great but doesn't work worth a tinker's d@mn when it comes to either finding things or processing the order... just plain stupid IMHO, no two ways about it... FAR better to have a "plain jane" website that actually works than a fancy one you can't find anything on and can't process a d@mn order through...

Later! OL JR

Maybe you should touch base with Kathleen Sebelius and her crack team at Health and Human Services and see if they have any tips on how to straighten out balky web sites. I hear tell they are real pros at this kind of stuff....

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 12-12-2013, 08:41 AM
Apollo Nut

Looks like about 2/3rds of the kits listed as specials now indicate as 'out of stock'. At those prices, I guess they went pretty fast.

Earl
SAM# 73
Owner/Producer
Point 39 Productions

Rocket-Brained Since 1970
Old 12-12-2013, 08:46 AM
Out to launch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Looks like about 2/3rds of the kits listed as specials now indicate as 'out of stock'. At those prices, I guess they went pretty fast.

Earl

I can't confirm this, but it might be worth watching if you still want the good deals - copied from TRF:

"The guy from Estes said there is no shortage of rockets in the warehouse, they just run out on the web site and if you check back in a few hours, out of stock items will be replenished. I'm assuming only during normal business hours here."
Old 12-12-2013, 08:49 AM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

Well, Jump Jet kind of "advertised" here and on TRF.

So it seems they all went to "family".

Eat all you want...we'll make more.

http://sandmandecals.com/