Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Swap Shoppe > For Sale
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2015, 01:17 PM
MARS and URRG member

Thanks Woody. I will send you a PM once I get the K-36 back and have inspected it to be sure nothing has been damaged.
Thanks Joe, and based only on not mentioning the one open plastic bag I am accepting its return, with the proviso he send it back to me in the exact condition I sent it to him. I will refund his purchase price and initial shipping charges once I am sure of that.
I have learned that next time, should I ever decide to sell on ebay again, I will mention even the slightest details. My add admittedly was very brief. Then again no one asked me any questions, which they could have, especially as the add described it as an open box...
Thanks again folks!
I always enjoy learning from everyone's experience here!
Greg
NAR #42065
TRA #00234
Old 07-26-2015, 03:12 PM
Sci-fi Heroine

Have to agree with all the others. If you're building, nothing he complained about matters.

As for out of round, Greg is right, if you'll check our website you'll see several completed Saturn V's and every one of them were sealed mint and still had slightly out of round tubes. As any experienced builder of this kit will tell you, it forms up perfectly as you build.

I also have a K36 kit that is exactly as Greg described; open, all there, imperfect box, out of round tubes, etc. It's hard to find a pristine K36 and nowhere close to $99.

I too recommend offering a refund of all when returned as shipped or nothing.

FWIW, I have sold several mint 2157 kits to people who said they were going to build and usually for well below auction prices. The ones I find somewhat disappointing are the ones that ask me to take a cut to an already agreed price, even when they know very well the price I offered is much less than they can get it for, any place else because they had tried and failed.

Verna
www.vernarockets.com
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HHJHOK6
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O14ET8K
https://www.facebook.com/RocketBabeDustStorm
Old 07-26-2015, 04:39 PM
Master Modeler

For $99 he really got a great deal. I've seen a similar Estes Saturn - V model in ads on Facebook with the price listed over $1,000! No way I would stretch my budget just to purchase that.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:30 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

I agree, he is a frequent buyer and seller of rockets on ebay.. and he asks the most rediculous exhorbitant prices on his items. He is scamming you. Offer a full refund only after you receive the goods back. Since he got your item cheap he won't send it back, but if he does, I'd gladly buy it from you for more than you sold it to him.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:16 PM
Old Submariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg young
Thanks for your advice folks!
I have bought on Ebay for years, but only have sold a few items when I first joined. The 4 rockets I just sold were my first time back as a seller. It will likely be my last for a while.
I was planning on meeting him part way - refunding all of his original costs (including shipping), but I was not planning on covering his return shipping costs given all of the K-36's large BTs were slightly (and that's all we're talking here) out of round, so the kit is exactly as I and everyone else back then received it from Estes.
My posting did describe the kit as open, and stated to the best of my knowledge all parts were present. The only thing I did not describe was the slight out of round of the tubes. (Point well taken Joe, thanks).
Since I just saw a question posted here in another thread by Ltvscout - I will share the purchaser of my K-36 is goodrocks1.
It sounds as though he might be an experienced purchaser/seller...
Greg

BTW, what is his ebay name. I think I'll block him.

4 out of 3 people struggle with math.

Chemically, alcohol IS a solution.

NAR# 94042
SAM# 0078
Old 07-27-2015, 07:17 AM
MARS and URRG member

Thanks for all the additional information folks!
I have come to the realization that he clearly should have known the tubes are out of round as they come from the manufacturer. What he buys and sells is certainly none of my business, except it now casts doubt on his claim to me he wanted this kit to replace one he had "stolen as a child".
Regardless I was still all set to accept a return from goodrocks1 on the kit because I said I would and I stand by what I say, but he informed last night that "both of the large bags were opened". That is NOT the way it was sent to him!!
One small parts bag had been opened, courtesy of my then 3 year old daughter, but I made sure the parts were present.
Now I am left wondering why the other bags were opened.
Based on this new claim, I told him to not send the kit back to me, and that I would ask for EBay's intervention.
Will let folks know how this gets resolved.....
Thanks again for all the advice, and additional information you have provided me!
Greg
NAR #42065
TRA #00234
Old 07-27-2015, 07:56 AM
Old Submariner

"stolen as a child?" That's a good one!

What is his ebay name? I definitely want to block him.

4 out of 3 people struggle with math.

Chemically, alcohol IS a solution.

NAR# 94042
SAM# 0078
Old 07-27-2015, 08:17 AM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyjeep
"stolen as a child?" That's a good one!

What is his ebay name? I definitely want to block him.

It's our over-priced buddy, goodrocks1.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 07-27-2015, 12:40 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg young
but he informed last night that "both of the large bags were opened". That is NOT the way it was sent to him!!

Yep. He definitely wants you to bend over and take one while holding your feedback hostage. You notice big bags open first, not small ones. It's amazing how he only noticed the small bag until last night. Has he started hinting at what substantial monetary amount he would accept and still keep the kit?
Old 07-27-2015, 06:13 PM
Retired with Way Too Many Kits

If no equitable resolution seems possible, I'd be tempted to let him know that all this info is getting documented on a rocketry forum, to make sure potential customers of his understand how he operates.

I've never sold on eBay, and every time I hear a story like this, my inclination to avoid selling just gets a healthy dose of renewal!

I hope this works out OK for you.

Projects: Semroc Saturn 1B, Ken Foss Designs Mini Satellite Interceptor
In the Paint Shop: Nothing! Too cold!
Launch-Ready: Farside-X, Maxi Honest John, Super Scamp