Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2016, 05:33 PM
Seagulls Beware...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman
He even wants to pull me in here!

As for "copying other people's work"... I designed the Arapahoe E decals for Thrustline!

He even threw in a few insults for Carl's SEMROC designs.

I wouldn't have said anything about your work if you hadn't gotten involved over there. The only reason I bought his decals was because you were either unwilling, or unable to produce the one decal that was vital to my build's stated success.

As to Semroc, I stated a fact. The Semroc, Retro-Reproduction is not a exact clone. I stated that if a person is looking to create an exact clone the decals and fins won't work for it.

Dreaming of making the rockets I dreamed of as a kid (and then some).

"The Guide says there is an art to flying", said Ford, "or rather a knack."
"The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Launching is Optional... Landing? That Depends on Trees.

Last edited by K'Tesh : 07-23-2016 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07-23-2016, 05:48 PM
Custom Cone, Kit & Decal Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'Tesh
I wouldn't have said anything about your work if you hadn't gotten involved over there.

As to Semroc, I stated a fact. The Semroc, Retro-Reproduction is not a exact clone. I stated that if a person is looking to create an exact clone the decals and fins won't work for it.

Ha! I knew you would want the last word.

http://sandmandecals.com/
Old 07-23-2016, 06:19 PM
Craftsman

Great, this crap again. Yes, I asked for the thread to be locked or removed, when the attacks started going out to other vendors, it was too much.

Here is my reply to your last post from the other forum:

I'm sure he has his reasons but he's a good guy with a good reputation. I also remember reading he has a good relationship with Estes. I have some Excelsior decals, I've had no issues with them. I also bought some of his kits, good stuff. At this point, you're just slinging mud, that's why I made my previous remark. When it gets this ridiculous, I have nothing serious left to give. I made your decals, I gave you your money back. For most, that's good enough but there are people who are never happy, I can't fix the situation because there's no reasonable solution. It's really time to part ways on this, I have nothing left to offer up. I can't spend unlimited time and effort making an unlimited number of decals that I didn't want to make in the first place. I'm sorry you don't like them, I truly am but I saw no reasonable solution at the time and your present attitude says there is no reasonable solution now. They're free decals, take them and move on. I know Gordon put extra effort into trying to make you happy as well, I'm sure he did all he could.

I'm tired of this, if you have more to say, then have at it, I'm done.

People may or may not agree on my position about cloning files on a kit I have in development but I did put up money to do this and if people are determined to chop it off at the knees then I don't need to do it. That was my original position, I'll just stop development and move on. I wasn't trying to be one way or the other about it, if the market is going to be diluted then I can cut my losses here instead of investing more. It's simply a matter of limited time and resources and how best to spend them.

Follow us on Facebook

Even the best of friends cannot attend each others' funeral.
Old 07-23-2016, 07:07 PM
Seagulls Beware...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel;1606259
Ok, I really want to be done with this pettiness so this is my one and only reply.
For the record, the email exchange is incomplete.
As for an email about your plans on releasing files, I don't have one from you. I found out reading the forum yesterday.
So far as the decals go, you got the decals, you said they were defective. I didn't argue the point, I just asked you to return them so I could see for myself. You didn't want to return them but I refunded the entire amount and told you to keep them. You're complaining about free stuff.
I didn't bring up decals. I was referring to that and the times you have called me out after I made a post here.

WHERE?!!! I don't remember ever calling SS out ever here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel;1606259
An example is when I posted about building an upscale Cherokee D and you said I didn't. It seemed you had an unresolved issue with me personally and it still comes across that way.
I understand you don't want to buy from me and I'm perfectly fine with that. You'll get no complaints from me.

I probably could have handled it better but you've been pressing my buttons since getting the decals. I'm truly sorry you didn't like them but I made sure you weren't out for something you didn't like. I've done what I could, sometimes that isn't enough.

The only time I can remember that I said anything about your upscale Cherokee D was on YORF, and I stated my opinion... I don't like seeing the Cherokee D called anything other than Cherokee D. You were asking for opinions on what decal design to use (with the name Cherokee G) I said exactly this:

Quote:
Sorry Secret, I'd say neither...

I'd suggest keeping it as "Cherokee D", but down in the fin can put in "29mm Power", "38mm Power", or whatever diameter motor the mount is designed for. That way if you put a H, or an I in it, it's still accurate. Who says the D has to refer to a motor?

It just looks better that way (IMHO)

I included images of my upscale Cherokee D, and showed what I was referring to.

to that you quoted part of my reply and then replied:

Quote:
Estes...

Then you included my images in your post...

and followed that with this little zinger...

Quote:
Those decals are pretty bad, were they misprints or something?

I felt that was a reply to my problems with your decals. I had already broached the CG/CP markings with Mark (Stickershock), and had been told that they were the 1st year design. I dug further, and found they weren't and he corrected them.

Now, about the email with the .ork. I can try to send it again, I'll be happy to. I did notice that there was an earlier post in the other thread that stated that there was some trouble in getting emails to you. Perhaps mine had the same issue.

Old 07-23-2016, 07:12 PM
Seagulls Beware...

I have resent the email to Don with the .ork file that I first tried sending back on June 16th.

Old 07-23-2016, 09:11 PM
BAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel
Just so that I'm not accused of vaporware, it looks like this kit may have to be cancelled. See the events on TRF for the reason.

Would you mind terribly telling those of us who refuse to go to the Terribly Run Forum what's going on?? Cut-n-paste makes it easy ya know...

Screw TRF.

Later! OL J R
Old 07-23-2016, 09:25 PM
BAR

Ah okay...

CATFIGHT! LOL

Later! OL J R
Old 07-24-2016, 08:56 AM
Old BAR

Don,
Let me add a voice to the chorus: please kit this kit! I'll buy it. Maybe 2! I also like the idea of having all the parts in one bag. Please don't let this one bad apple spoil your plans. Personally, as I have several of your rockets, I really enjoy the quality of the components, and your service is great. I buy direct. My Fokker flies extremely well, reminding me of the old gliders you could find anywhere, only now I can fly it much higher like I wished I could when I was i kid!
To H*** with those guys!
I rarely can get the things i want from TRF. If I miss something, c'est la vie!
I like it here...

Allen
Old 07-24-2016, 11:34 AM
Craftsman

Thanks for the kind words. I haven't made a firm decision yet, I don't have just one bad apple here, I have a few. Taking on this project, I had no idea what I was letting myself in for. I have several emails from people who don't think I should be doing the kit at all for fear I'll screw it up.

I would recommend following our Facebook page, I update there more than anywhere else. I have spoken with a few people like you who want the kit and if I don't produce a regular run, I might make a limited number for the people who really want one. As I said, I have no firm decision yet but the last time I had this much trouble over kits in development was when I previewed the Retro Atomic series on TRF. They haven't seen the light of day yet but I've almost convinced myself to go back and finish them. So it could be this whole nasty affair has just built in a delay, we'll see.

Follow us on Facebook

Old 07-24-2016, 01:07 PM
Craftsman

I should probably have added that when I talk about a limited run of the kit, this is something that I wouldn't invest as much time into as I had planned. The original kit doesn't make specific engine recommendations and I wouldn't go out in the field to do all the testing needed to get that data. I would just stick with the original C11-E9. I wouldn't make package art, I wouldn't spend too much time on illustrations for the instructions either. I'm not sure what I would do about decals.

I would also stop refining what I see as issues. An example would be the fin fit of the original template. Normally I would get the fit as close as possible but for just 25-50 kits, I will leave it as is.

The 18mm version of the kit would not be produced at all.

I'll take some time and see what happens but for now I've made two changes . The first is to no longer talk about kits in development on TRF. The other is to change my experience on this forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  Screen-shot-2016-07-24-at-1.30.47-PM.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  128.9 KB  

Follow us on Facebook

Last edited by SecretSquirrel : 07-24-2016 at 03:52 PM.