Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2016, 01:29 AM
Cardstock Designer

Default Talkeetna Wilderness Woman Competition

In December 2016 there will be a little competition here in Alaska.

"The 31st annual Wilderness Woman Contest will be held at 12:00 Noon on Saturday, December 3rd, 2016. Registration begins at 10:00 am at the Fairview Inn, Downtown Talkeetna. Participation is limited to the first 50 contestants to sign up. Various areas of competition include hauling water, splitting wood, shooting, and fishing. The winners will be crowned at the Bachelor Ball that evening. The Events are hosted by the Talkeetna Bachelors Society."

Fails to mention she must do all of this while a bachelor is drinking a beer from a recliner, while watching TV, which she supplied before doing the other chores...

Mike
Old 08-09-2016, 04:08 PM
BAR

Add synchronized banjo playing to the whitewater canoeing competition and you've got yourself a sport (especially in Georgia).

Later! OL J R
Old 08-10-2016, 01:43 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Banjo ??? Yuck !
The ONLY supposed 'musical-instrument' I despise more is the ACCORDION which if played in a PRISON would be ruled CRUEL & UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT that would be banned by the SCOTUS.

I like mbauer's idea for the 'wilderness woman' competition.

As far as downgrades/disqualifications on that "12oz curl" event, Belching QUIETER than 80dB should be the penalty, not above 80dB.

I believe Carrie Strug was the gymnast that competed with the broken ankle in 1996 and still stuck her landing. While I'm no huge fan of gymnastics, I will watch the WOMEN'S events but NOT the Men's...the last thing I consider 'sport' is prissy 'men' prancing around on a floor-exercise...I'm surprised some of them don't have VISIBLE PANTY LINES !
Speaking of clothing, the 'uniforms' of the Women's team are so shiny in the backside that they look like they are made of some sort of VINYL/RUBBER hybrid.

The BEST Olympic 'uniforms' are the US Women's Beach Volleyball uniforms...minimum of material on nicely shaped examples of the female form (as are Victoria's Secret models), albeit a little light up top.
Call me a chauvanist but I'm honest about what I think looks good and what does NOT. I think the entire concept of a "BBW" is an OXYMORON, but to each their own.

By FAR the least flattering Women's Olympic uniforms are Women's Swimming. They are amazing athletes, but those suits are hideously FUGLY.

I'm definitely of the opinion that some sports should be still Men's and some Women's...who REALLY wants to watch Women's Boxing or Rugby ??? I could answer that question with 99% certainty, but it may get me banned from this board.

If I could eliminate ONE sport from either the Summer or Winter Olympics it would be the MASSIVELY OVER-covered/promoted FIGURE SKATING, especially the 'mens' events. PEUKE.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, TURMOIL, FIASCOS, and HAVOC !

Last edited by ghrocketman : 08-10-2016 at 04:58 PM.
Old 08-10-2016, 01:58 PM

In general, I do NOT like Olympic events that are JUDGED as it is far too subjective and bias in the judges is ALWAYS apparent.

New events for the 2020 Tokyo Summer games include:

1) Flatulence Competition, any food in the prior 6 hours allowed, event will be judged on Gaseous Volume, Audible Volume, and STENCH Level. Stench will be 50% of score, with each of the 'volumes' 25% each. ANY Stench that causes Dry-Heaving/Involuntary RETCHING by a judge will be given BONUS points.

2) Competitive Geisha serving, Women's event ONLY, Judged by MEN only.

3) Kobe/Wagu Beef Cattle RUSTLIN' n' BRANDIN'

4) BEER-Pong, micro/quality brews ONLY, no LAME-O mass produced pilners/lagers (ANY/ALL Anheuser-Busch products are already DQ'ed due to them all being HIDEOUS).

And Last but CERTAINLY NOT LEAST,

5) Competitive multi-discipline team TOILET-PRANKIN' !
The events of this competition include the obvious:
A) Upper-Dekker/Topp Shelfer
B) Logg-Jamm
C) Dry-Dokker
D) "Old Faithful"
E) The URINAL DEUCE

Last edited by ghrocketman : 04-15-2021 at 09:55 AM.
Old 08-10-2016, 06:04 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
As far as downgrades/disqualifications on that "12oz curl" event, Belching QUIETER than 80dB should be the penalty, not above 80dB.

Yeah, but pretty much anybody can drain a can and burp loud. It takes skill to do a lot of 12 oz reps and burp quietly.

Quote:
By FAR the least flattering Women's Olympic uniforms are Women's Swimming. They are amazing athletes, but those suits are hideously FUGLY.

They are one of the few areas where the function of the clothing is much more important to them than form. They've even experimented with full body suits in the past.

Can't disagree much on any of the rest. Hopefully some of the events will be voted out. Baseball/softball needs to be back in. They have blossomed worldwide especially compared to some of the events. They are coming back in 2020, but they should have never left in the first place.
Old 08-10-2016, 08:42 PM

Baseball and Softball ARE back in for the 2020 Tokyo Games.

They just announced another addition to the 2020 Summer Games as well.

DODGE Ball !!
There will be two separate divisions of Men's and Women's Dodge-Ball.
Division 1 uses BOWLING BALLS !
Division 2 uses BILLIARD BALLS !

You BETTER be a GOOD "Dodger" or WILL end up in the INFIRMARY/HOSPITAL !
Now THAT would be a sport I would actually PAY to watch.

THUMP ! CRACK ! THWACK !

It would be pleasingly VIOLENT.

Old 08-10-2016, 10:43 PM
BAR

Have you seen the swimmers covered in polka dots?? Evidently they're using some kind of super-suction devices that apply strong vacuum to a 2-3 inch diameter cup applied to the skin, which sucks the skin and underlying muscles into the cup and supposedly replaces deep tissue massage for increasing circulation and relaxation of tense muscles. Of course the high suction level busts skin capillaries and leaves big blue "hickies" all over their bodies.

Actually I haven't seen those things used for anything other than on some naughty websites I accidentally ended up on (somehow). Doesn't look particularly healthy to me. Would seem very hard on the skin and other tissues.

Oh well...

Agree they SHOULD have softball/baseball... I mean, they have friggin' BASKETBALL, the MOST BORING sport EVER, for pities sake, and all those other weird events.

Agree that some sports are just more gender-specific, and women's boxing and stuff doesn't do much for me.

As for figure skating, LOVE the women's figure skating-- course I've always had a weakness for girls with hot legs/butts, in outfits that show them off. Plus, they are PHENOMENAL athletes, in the skill and abilities of the things they can do. Guy's skating, meh. They're good athletes sure, but still, IMHO it's more of a women's sport.

Sure beats "curling"... (bowling on ice). That's about like golf- a game, not a sport...

Later! OL J R
Old 08-11-2016, 03:15 AM

I would MUCH rather watch CURLING, BOWLING, or GOLF than ANY 'prissy' figure skating ever.
That said, I would rather watch 10 HOURS of Women's figure skating over 10 MINUTES of candy-a$$ 'mens' figure skating. Even the announcers of figure skating (such as Scott Hamilton) make me want to vomit. I'm fairly certain that male figure skaters are some of the only FEW 'men' that could be sponsored by the Playtex and Midol corporations.

I also find CURLING, BOWLING (what's NOT to like in a sport that regularly features DRINKING, SMOKING, and EATING), and GOLF to be far more "SPORT" than PRANCING around on ice in spandex.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:00 AM

The so-called 'swimwear' that I like on women can be found in the annual Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue and in Victoria's Secret catalogues....honestly women in that shape are the ONLY ones I want to see in any sort of 'swimwear' even if that IS 'superficial'...so sue me.
Chances are if a woman has to wear one of those 'maximal coverage' one-piece things, I definitely DON'T want to see that in public. Kinda like seeing someone's Grandma in lingerie...YUCKKKKK !

Old 08-11-2016, 07:46 PM
NAR 85414; NARTREK Silver

Default 2020

New events actually include baseball/softball, surfing, sport climbing, skateboarding, and karate.

My Flight Statistics for the Past Year
  • Number of Flights: 31
  • Total Impulse
    - Total: 710.01 Ns (11% J)
    - Average: 22.90 Ns (15% E)
  • Altitude
    - Total: 4,232 Feet
    - Average: 1,058 Feet