Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2021, 05:49 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Default WORST Show EVERRRRRR

My better half has been watching the WORST SHOW EVERRRRR created.
"The Handmaid's Tale". Show is absolutely unwatchable CRAPPPPP.
British produced television positively sucks latrine water.
Being nominated for awards provides positive proof those nominating committees are full of numbskulls.
Involuntary RETCHING/POWR-PEUKIN' is about to commence, righteously so.

It's SO BAD, I would gladly watch HEE HAW reruns on RFD TV and I positively HATE country/western muSICK, and can't stand the Hayseed/Dullard/Yokel/Hick/Buffoon combo of Bukk Owens and Roy ClaNk.

Writers of this kind of crap should be locked up for stupidity alone.

🤢💩👎

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !
Old 05-02-2021, 09:52 PM
Master Modeler

Send a message via Yahoo to barone

Oh....you gotta watch Still Game
Old 05-03-2021, 05:29 AM
BP Mafia

My wife watched The Handmaid's Tale. The lead character is so ugly I'm surprised not to see a tail on her. I leave the room whenever she tunes in, which hasn't been since it was cold out.
I like Hee Haw. Can't say I've watched it in 50 years or so, but I have fond memories of the whole family watching it on Saturday when we were kids.
I've been watching Adam-12 on We-TV in the afternoons when I'm making dinner. Based on making it through the whole series last week, I think I can say that Kent McCord is a far worse actor than Randolph Mantooth ever could be. McCord started out like a cardboard cut out and progressed to a pizza box. I caught an episode of Emergency a few weeks ago and didn't hate it. As I recall, the first years of the series were pretty decent.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2
Old 05-03-2021, 07:35 AM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
It's SO BAD, I would gladly watch HEE HAW reruns on RFD TV and I positively HATE country/western muSICK, and can't stand the Hayseed/Dullard/Yokel/Hick/Buffoon combo of Bukk Owens and Roy ClaNk.

It's worth it for the Hee Haw Honeys.

Old 05-03-2021, 08:01 AM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
It's worth it for the Hee Haw Honeys.

Kenny Rogers thought so.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2
Old 05-03-2021, 09:38 AM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
My wife watched The Handmaid's Tale.
I read the book, which was fine. I only watched the first three episodes, which were suitably horrifying from a storytelling standpoint. ("Okay, I get the message you're trying to send. Next!")

The first episode of "Star Trek: Discovery" was pointless for me. "--So you disobey your superior officer, and there *aren't* any consequences... at *all?*" It was another variation on the women's channels "Movie of the Week" in which the main character burns the house down around her abusive husband, and she does absolutely *no* jail time. ("'At's yer fantasy, right chair.") --Apparently I'm channeling Bill's Hee Haw allusion.

The latest incarnation of "The Twilight Zone" is pretty heavy-handed, and toes a very popular party line. To roughly paraphrase Jeff Dunham's puppet Peanut, "You old white dudes suck, because everything that's wrong is your fault!"

You want painful acting? Try watching the first couple episodes of "Buck Rogers" from the late 1970s. --Let's just say it *doesn't* wear well when it comes to human relationships. (shuddering)

And for the record... tbzep and Bill were right about the Hee Haw honeys, especially to (at least some) of us who were Boys of An Age at the time it originally aired.
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

"I think about organizing things all the time. Never seems to happen. I find something that piques my interest and I'm off on a quest. Or a Centuri. "

--Bill Eichelberger, 02/22/2022

“Centuri fret buzz in an updated form.”
Bill “Wallyum” Eichelberger re: Estes Flutter-By
03 Sept 2014
Old 05-03-2021, 10:39 AM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau Zero
You want painful acting? Try watching the first couple episodes of "Buck Rogers" from the late 1970s. --Let's just say it *doesn't* wear well when it comes to human relationships. (shuddering)

I didn't care. The show had Erin Gray, Pamela Hensley, and a host of guest stars in various stages of undress and/or tights.
Old 05-03-2021, 12:39 PM
Scale Modeler Extrodinare

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
I didn't care. The show had Erin Gray, Pamela Hensley, and a host of guest stars in various stages of undress and/or tights.

Yea, I watched it back in the day just for Erin Gray
It did a stint on ME TV a while back - I set the DVR to record the series but could only make it through a few episodes before I decided there were better ways to get eye candy.
Old 05-03-2021, 01:16 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau Zero
I read the book, which was fine. I only watched the first three episodes, which were suitably horrifying from a storytelling standpoint. ("Okay, I get the message you're trying to send. Next!")

I thought the book was terrible as well - I’ve tried reading Margret Atwood several times, guess I’m just too “unsophisticated” - I find her stuff boring, poorly constructed and painfully obvious. I guess the standards for “literature” are different than they are for genre fiction.

Yeah, we were on a real nostalgia kick during the height of the “stay home order” time over the last year but even I couldn’t make it through more than 2-3 episodes of Buck Rogers - wow, it’s really, really bad.
Old 05-03-2021, 02:11 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_650
I thought the book was terrible as well - I’ve tried reading Margret Atwood several times, guess I’m just too “unsophisticated” - I find her stuff boring, poorly constructed and painfully obvious. I guess the standards for “literature” are different than they are for genre fiction.
I gave up on Oryx and Crake, because... (evaporates into the ether)

Quote:
Yeah, we were on a real nostalgia kick during the height of the “stay home order” time over the last year but even I couldn’t make it through more than 2-3 episodes of Buck Rogers - wow, it’s really, really bad.
Ironically, I ended up watching the TV series of "12 Monkeys," which I found fairly substantial.

Of course, I also watched Eric McCormack's ("That looks like the guy from 'Will and Grace...'") "Travelers" and the series "Dark Matter."

I guess I have a thing for Canadian science fiction. Hmm...
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

"I think about organizing things all the time. Never seems to happen. I find something that piques my interest and I'm off on a quest. Or a Centuri. "

--Bill Eichelberger, 02/22/2022

“Centuri fret buzz in an updated form.”
Bill “Wallyum” Eichelberger re: Estes Flutter-By
03 Sept 2014