Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2022, 11:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initiator001
.Having a sport range at NARAM has been a given for thirty years.

Having a sport range at NARAM "WAS" a given for thirty years.

Dave F.
Old 07-18-2022, 03:11 AM
I do not like Facebook

Can somebody please video and upload the Town Hall meeting?

Something tells me there will be fireworks this year...

Bill

If your June, July, August and September was like this, you might just hate summer too...

Please unload your question before you ask it unless you have a concealed harry permit.

: countdown begin cr dup . 1- ?dup 0= until cr ." Launch!" cr ;

Give a man a rocket and he will fly for a day; teach him to build and he will spend the rest of his days sanding...
Old 07-18-2022, 09:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill
Can somebody please video and upload the Town Hall meeting?

Something tells me there will be fireworks this year...

Bill

As well there should be . . .

The BoT needs to be held accountable for their actions, including why any previous discussion, regarding the Sport Range at NARAM, did not appear in any prior edition of the BoT Meeting Minutes, why the issue was never presented to the Membership at Large for discussion, why there is no record of any motion or vote in the Minutes, and why the June, 2022 minutes refer to previous discussions and decisions, without them ever having been recorded !

If a Board Member, or Members, need to be removed from office, so be it !

Dave F.

Last edited by Ez2cDave : 07-18-2022 at 12:01 PM.
Old 07-18-2022, 10:54 AM
Lost his Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2cDave
As well there should be . . .
The BoT needs to be held accountable for their actions, including why any previous discussion, regarding the Sport Range at NARAM, did not appear in any prior edition of the Bot Meeting Minutes, why the issue was never presented to the Membership at Large for discussion, why there is no record of any motion or vote in the Minutes, and why the June, 2022 minutes refer to previous discussions and decisions, without them ever having been recorded !

That's easy. Not much discussion was needed. IMHO, it was a no-brainer decision and long overdue. They need to be held accountable by giving them a hearty round of applause.

Reread Steve Kristall's explanation for the whys and hows.
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threa...11/post-2298201

The sport range has not been banned from NARAM. It's just no longer a requirement for hosting a NARAM.
MTMA Section #606 President
Old 07-18-2022, 11:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronwolf
That's easy. Not much discussion was needed. IMHO, it was a no-brainer decision and long overdue. They need to be held accountable by giving them a hearty round of applause.

Reread Steve Kristall's explanation for the whys and hows.
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threa...11/post-2298201

The sport range has not been banned from NARAM. It's just no longer a requirement for hosting a NARAM.

Unfortunately, the BoT VIOLATED this, along with conducting NAR business, WITHOUT consulting the Membership.

https://www.nar.org/board-of-trustee-meeting-minutes

QUOTE:

The Board of Trustees also meets monthly via conference call. Minutes from these meetings are posted to this page within two weeks of the meeting. Any motions that are moved and seconded during conference calls will be included in the minutes and tabled until the next meeting so that all NAR members have an opportunity to provide comments before the final vote.

END QUOTE :

NOTHING was recorded in the Minutes. The Membership at Large, was NEVER allowed discussion and input. The June, 2022 Minutes allude to previous discussions and decisions, NONE of which were recorded in the previous Minutes . . . There is NO RECORD of any Motions or Votes, either. This was an arbitrary and unilateral "mandate", in violation of standard NAR procedure, as recorded at that link !

( Looking back through the previous Minutes, there were numerous motions and votes, on other subjects, all done without transparency to the Membership at Large, PRIOR to any vote ) . . . There is a much bigger problem with the BoT, overall, not just the Sport Range issue !

Dave F.

Last edited by Ez2cDave : 07-18-2022 at 12:36 PM.
Old 07-18-2022, 12:33 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initiator001
NARAM-64 is likely Muncie (Gee, they had a Sport Range a few years ago for NARAM).

Did the NAR Section hosting NARAM-64 say they didn't want a sport range or was that decision not made by them?

It's much harder to run a competition range than a sport range.

The field is great at Alamosa, it's the weather that's the problem. We were blown out the last day by a very severe thunderstorm last year at NSL 2021. Alamosa had an open sport launch again this year during the Memorial Day weekend and it was blown out due to weather after Saturday morning. Might want to try another location.

I believe the plan is to have the 'East' NSL over Labor Day weekend but don't quote me.

Having a sport range at NARAM has been a given for thirty years.

The sport range at NARAM-64 was in the NE corner of the AMA site and lots of stuff landed in the nearby corn. Or on the pavement of the control line circles. Not my favorite site to fly. The competition range OTOH was pretty nice....

Yeah, I was in Alamosa as well for the 2021 NSL as you know. My canopy was left in the dumpster there on Monday after we broke camp in the snow and wind. I agree that a little later in the year would probably be a good idea for a big event at that site. At least I figure the club will know how to manage launch queues and pad assignment so things would flow more smoothly than it did in 2021. I put up five flights the whole weekend.

Of the three NSLs I've attended, the Alamosa one was the least pleasant, even though the site is gorgeous.

I suppose we should know what the 2023 plan is at the end of this week, presuming the announcements are made at the end-of-NARAM banquet as has been the (at least recent) tradition. My first NARAM was 56, so I have no prior experience.
AMA 42160
KG7AIE

Last edited by BEC : 07-18-2022 at 11:00 PM. Reason: correcting number of flights at NSL 2021
Old 07-18-2022, 12:36 PM
Lost his Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2cDave
Unfortunately, they VIOLATED this, along with conducting NAR business,

They didn't violate anything. There were no minutes of any discussion probably because there wasn't any prior discussion at a Board meeting. This was a decision made by the National Events chairman (LaCroix). I'm sure he discussed this with others, like Dan Wolf, Steve Kristal, and maybe some others, but that's all conducted outside of a Board Meeting.

Do you believe that all these people NEVER talk to one another outside of a Board Meeting?
Old 07-18-2022, 12:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
They didn't violate anything. There were no minutes of any discussion probably because there wasn't any prior discussion at a Board meeting. This was a decision made by the National Events chairman (LaCroix). I'm sure he discussed this with others, like Dan Wolf, Steve Kristal, and maybe some others, but that's all conducted outside of a Board Meeting.

Do you believe that all these people NEVER talk to one another outside of a Board Meeting?

The Board is NOT to "conduct NAR business" without recording it ( I am the Secretary of our HOA ) . . . If they decided this at a "Bull Session" or pulled it out of their posteriors, mandating the course of action, without contacting the Membership at Large in advance, is a violation and the BoT needs to be confronted regarding it. If what you say actually happened, it must be considered that they intentionally circumvented the process to "spring" it on the Membership !

If that is the case, the possible removal of one, or all, of the Board Members is "on the table".

Dave F.
Old 07-18-2022, 01:43 PM
Lost his Drifter

You are either not reading very carefully, or deliberately ignoring what people are telling you, Dave. For this reason, you are not going to get very far with your accusations. Good luck.
Old 07-18-2022, 02:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
You are either not reading very carefully, or deliberately ignoring what people are telling you, Dave. For this reason, you are not going to get very far with your accusations. Good luck.

I am reading carefully and posting links and quotations to support what I am saying.

The NAR BoT has clearly not followed established procedures and protocols ( proven by the statement regarding the Board minutes ). They are not bringing matters to the Membership, before mandating actions. They are arbitrarily making rulings, without following proper procedure, all without any documentation in the Meeting Minutes. They are "keeping in the Membership in the dark", until they announce their undocumented rulings.

The record-keeping by the BoT Secretary is highly inadequate, borderline incompetent, and, possibly, "intentionally vague". As the Secretary of our HOA, for the past 7 years, I am well-versed in recording accurate, comprehensive meeting minutes and I am speaking from personal experience.

We'll see how well Lynn can handle running the Town Hall Meeting, since she will be presiding over it, per the June 2022 Board minutes. I know several Members who will be there, in person, and she is going to "have her hands full", once the questions start. People are going to demand answers and documentation for all of the BoT's actions. I hope she has the "right answers" !

What matters is the evidence I have presented, not what "people say". There are clear violations, backed by verifiable sources. This is not my "opinion".

Dave F.

Last edited by Ez2cDave : 07-18-2022 at 09:07 PM.