Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Scale & Sport Scale Rocketry
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2022, 09:04 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2cDave
No, it looks like some type of "environmental control unit". Orion 3 may have had some specific temperature range that had to be maintained ( likely to avoid overheating ). The unit would have been removed prior to launch.

Dave F.

clearly photoshopped. i do not understand the passion for creating/continuing this thread.
Old 11-08-2022, 09:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bguff
clearly photoshopped. i do not understand the passion for creating/continuing this thread.

I believe you are correct. Clear photo's of the ORION 3 mission are, apparently, non-existent.

HOWEVER, I am going to try to locate whoever altered that photo . . . The original image would be a large, clear photo of DELTA III, Orion 3.

Dave F.
Old 11-08-2022, 10:12 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

pretty clear you altered the image. (i've posted the original image.) you started this thread. seems this thread is a waste of time.
Old 11-08-2022, 10:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2cDave
HOWEVER, I am going to try to locate whoever altered that photo . . . The original image would be a large, clear photo of DELTA III, Orion 3.

Dave F.

Success . . . I found the original image !

One additional note, the widely-seen "Silverleaf" ( R.S. Barker ) drawing of the DELTA III is drawn with GEM-40 boosters, BUT the DELTA III uses GEM-46 boosters ( "Silverleaf" drawing below, for reference )

Dave F.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  DELTA III - 269 - ORION 3.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  987.3 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  DELTA III - ORION 3 on pad.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  150.5 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  054a7040.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  1.07 MB  Click image for larger version

Name:  054a7040_BW.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  981.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  BOTTOM.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  615.1 KB  

Last edited by Ez2cDave : 11-08-2022 at 11:03 PM.
Old 11-08-2022, 11:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
pretty clear you altered the image. (i've posted the original image.) you started this thread. seems this thread is a waste of time.

Sorry, but you are dead wrong . . . That "altered" image was on Twitter and I don't "Tweet" !

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheKSPMa...339270981525505

If you don't like my threads, you are more than welcome to leave, anytime !

Dave F.

Last edited by Ltvscout : 11-09-2022 at 06:42 PM.
Old 11-09-2022, 07:09 AM
Intermediate Rocketeer

you claim you are a "MasterModeler" who doesn't recognize that orion capsule was photoshopped into image.
you repeatly posted made-up non-sense about "environmental control unit" after people pointed out that orion capsule was attached
you never acknowleged the image was photoshopped/fake until i repeatedly pointed out the fact
you "tracked down the original image", after i attached the orginal image
you found the "image on Twitter", which seems an odd place to search for scale data
the twitter image clearly states "Starliner", not Orion (see attached image)
You clearly willingly conflated "Starliner" Orion capsule with Orion 3 mission

instead of apologizing for posting photoshopped/fake picture or simply stating 'ha ha, fooled some of you', you resort to name calling

it seems real strange/coincidental i created a post for Delta III / Origon booster/mission combination on rocketryforum, 3 days before you created a thread here.
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threa...d-logos.175705/

all-in-all, this is the strangest thread i've seen in 15 years of posting on rocketry messageboards
Attached Thumbnails

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 17
Size:  483.6 KB  
Old 11-09-2022, 04:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
you claim you are a "MasterModeler" who doesn't recognize that orion capsule was photoshopped into image.
you repeatly posted made-up non-sense about "environmental control unit" after people pointed out that orion capsule was attached
you never acknowleged the image was photoshopped/fake until i repeatedly pointed out the fact
you "tracked down the original image", after i attached the orginal image
you found the "image on Twitter", which seems an odd place to search for scale data
the twitter image clearly states "Starliner", not Orion (see attached image)
You clearly willingly conflated "Starliner" Orion capsule with Orion 3 mission

instead of apologizing for posting photoshopped/fake picture or simply stating 'ha ha, fooled some of you', you resort to name calling

it seems real strange/coincidental i created a post for Delta III / Origon booster/mission combination on rocketryforum, 3 days before you created a thread here.
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threa...d-logos.175705/

all-in-all, this is the strangest thread i've seen in 15 years of posting on rocketry messageboards

First of all, the "Master Modeler" moniker is something that this forum does, not something that I "claim" . . . It seems that you never can "get your facts straight", before hurling misguided accusations . . . Of course, with fewer than 50 posts on the forum, in 13 years, you are obviously a "fountain of knowledge". Unfortunately, you are a "fountain" that spews raw sewage !

The "environmental control unit" . . . I was unfamiliar with this particular mission ( "Orion 3" ). I had never seen an image of the configuration used for this payload. HOWEVER, my "expertise" DOES apply to the Inaugural Flight, to which more than 95% of my DELTA III data applies.

I did not "find the image on Twitter" . . . The image was located on Google, which provided the link to the altered image which, at the time, I was unaware that it had been altered.

BTW - The Twitter photo is clearly labelled "ORION 3", both on the Launch Tower and the Payload Fairing itself. I "tracked down" the original image by locating the person who had, originally, posted the unaltered image, before a second person came along and altered it, likely using Photoshop. The only image that was visible on Twitter was the inaccurate one.

Also, through that communication, I was put in contact with an archivist at ULA, who supplied me with vector artwork for all of the Payload Fairing logo's. It clearly shows the markings in crisp detail, which would make duplication a "snap" . . . ( No, you're not getting those files, ever ) . . . I will not be supplying them to anyone else, either, as they might ask for them on your behalf.

I feel no obligation to apologize to you, for anything. It was not my intention to post inaccurate data or to "fool anyone", either. Whatever you do, on other forums, is of no concern to me. I will be contacting Scott ( forum owner) about you and your conduct here . . . Believe that , as this is NOT the "other forum" !

Respect is earned and I have zero respect for you. Get it through your thick skull . . . You are "tilting at windmills", with all of your unfounded ad hominem attacks !

Dave F.
Old 11-09-2022, 06:16 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

Some google search results. Vast majority of images do not have starliner attached (in this case none). This is why i asked repeatedly if april 1st.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:  GoogleSearchCircled.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  446.3 KB  
Old 11-09-2022, 11:55 PM
Banned

Quote:

In your 13 years here, you have amassed fewer than 50 posts, as of today's date . . . You certainly are "loquacious", aren't you ?

Dave F.
Old 11-09-2022, 11:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Some google search results. Vast majority of images do not have starliner attached (in this case none). This is why i asked repeatedly if april 1st.

Since, at that time, I was unaware that the image had been altered, I made no "connection" to your April Fool's Day reference.

When I saw the image on Google, and noticed that it was a large image, I clicked directly on the image. As I said, previously, I don't "Tweet". So, I disregarded the accompanying Twitter info and went straight for the image.

Dave F.