Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2005, 12:23 PM
Old Far...er...Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
Folks,
Down here in Mobile, and in various other places along the Gulf Coast, we have our own variation of the White Castle. It's called a Krystal,

I've had those. There used to be another one, too - Jiffy Burger, IIRC. We had one in central Kentucky. Later, it was a Claudia Sanders (Anybody want to take at swag at whose wife she was?)

I want to say there's another WC clone still around, but the name escapes me...or maybe I'm thinking of Krystal.

Doug
Old 06-25-2005, 02:22 PM
Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
Folks,

Down here in Mobile, and in various other places along the Gulf Coast, we have our own variation of the White Castle. It's called a Krystal, and the description of the little burgers is identical. One of them is certainly the original, and the other a direct copy, down to the size of the buns and patties.

The way Krystals are cooked is in every way the same. When I watched the Food Channel "Unwrapped" segment on White Castle, the technique for laying out the onions, then the patties, and then the buns with a lid placed over them to steam them, is absolutely the same technique used at Krystal. They're finished off with a squirt of mustard and a pickle.

So, if you're ever down this way, now you know what to look for! A different name, perhaps, but the same taste and after-effect!

Craig...

both restarants are plentifull around here ,, the big difference is white castle uses spicey brown mustard and krystal uses yellow mustard.. the tastes is quite different(I preferr white castle) the secret to krystal is that they use a reconstituted dry onion bits, I'm guessing white castle uses plain old chopped onions .