Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Mission Control
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2007, 03:52 AM
Master Modeler

I think that the main issue here is, we all will be coming together to live rockets, talk rockets and fly rockets.

If you have been in the hobby for one day or 50 years, it's important that we have the opportunity to celebrate the golden anniversary of th hobby.

Let's make the most out of it, the ORR, is only a small segment of the whole meet. And, I hope that as many rocketeers can attend and meet old friends and make new friends as well.

It should be a great time, Vern and Gleda will be there, and Lee and Betty Should be there as well as otheers that were instrumental in the hobby.

Let's all have a great time , having been a part of this great celebration of the 50th.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:55 AM
Roger Smith/JonRocket.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by barone
I joined the NAR in the early 90s....you can see my NAR number below....

Ah .. so many of us would be considered "old." :-)

I originally joined back in 1974 or 1975, I think. But I don't recall what my number was. But it must have been pretty low. :-)

-- Roger
Old 11-15-2007, 10:46 AM
Member in Good Standing!

Thumbs up 50Th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Doctor
I think that the main issue here is, we all will be coming together to live rockets, talk rockets and fly rockets.

If you have been in the hobby for one day or 50 years, it's important that we have the opportunity to celebrate the golden anniversary of th hobby.

Let's make the most out of it, the ORR, is only a small segment of the whole meet. And, I hope that as many rocketeers can attend and meet old friends and make new friends as well.

It should be a great time, Vern and Gleda will be there, and Lee and Betty Should be there as well as otheers that were instrumental in the hobby.

Let's all have a great time , having been a part of this great celebration of the 50th.

Well said!

I'm going. I may not fly, but I sure want to meet the people on the forum, and hopefully Vern & Gleda, Lee & Betty. I can also do range duty if they need help.

Jack
Old 11-15-2007, 11:03 AM
Master Modeler

Jack

Would love to meet you at NARAM 50, this should be a very gathering of fellow rocketeers and all is welcome and encouraged to attend if possible.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:16 AM
Member in Good Standing!

Quote:
Jack

Would love to meet you at NARAM 50, this should be a very gathering of fellow rocketeers and all is welcome and encouraged to attend if possible.

Hi Rocket Doctor,

You are from "North" Jersey, correct? Do you fly with GSSS? I'm wondering if we have met at a combined launch at Gloucester Co. College. SoJARS is my club, (sojars.org), where I'm RSO. In the past, we have had fun in competion with them. I'm a sport flyer.

It will be so nice to put faces to names.

Jack
Old 11-15-2007, 12:24 PM
Master Modeler

Hello Jack

Yes, from "North" Jersey. I am a member of GSSS, only have been to two launches, the one in June and the one in Sept. I had a little write up in the next to last newsletter.

If the weather hold out, and there isn't any rain, snow, blizzard, high winds etc, I am planning on going to the Nov launch at North Branch Park.

Are you planning on going to NARAM? I am planning on being there and hoping to meet friends from the Estes Forum and this Forum.

I'm listed on their web page as well, and listed on the NAR list #9803.
Ken....RD
Old 11-15-2007, 12:51 PM
Member in Good Standing!

Quote:
Hello Jack

Yes, from "North" Jersey. I am a member of GSSS, only have been to two launches, the one in June and the one in Sept. I had a little write up in the next to last newsletter.

If the weather hold out, and there isn't any rain, snow, blizzard, high winds etc, I am planning on going to the Nov launch at North Branch Park.

Are you planning on going to NARAM? I am planning on being there and hoping to meet friends from the Estes Forum and this Forum.

I'm listed on their web page as well, and listed on the NAR list #9803.
Ken....RD

OK Ken/ RD!

Yes, I plan to be there, and looking forward to shaking your hand.

Jack
Old 11-15-2007, 03:48 PM
Master Modeler

Will you be at the next GSSS launch the end of this month?
Old 11-16-2007, 09:05 AM
Member in Good Standing!

Default GSSS Launch

Quote:
Will you be at the next GSSS launch the end of this month?

No, sorry. I can't make the GSSS launch. What I did mean was I will see you at NARAM 50 and Shake your hand.

If I can get to GSSS, so much the better, but I doubt I'll be out much in the cold as my hands cannot take too much of it.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:26 AM
Master Modeler

I know what you mean, I don't like or can stand the cold much either. But, it's raining again, and the GSSS launches seem to attract rain.

So, see you at NARAM.