Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > FreeForAll
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2005, 01:03 AM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojack82
I'll be there ready to loft said beverage (even "the Pooh's" skunky stuff). I'm camping at a place called Winton Woods - 6 miles from the hotel & 15 miles to the field. Lofting in a lobby, lofting around a fire - what the hey, lofting is lofting (hic...). Planning on bringing some interesting adult beverages.

Unfortunately, the Kelo man isn't making it this year. Just saw his Round Tuit teammate, Randy Boadway - Kelo's company (Edge Sweets - engineering, not candy) was awarded some high-falutin govt contracts (meaning much work & travel for Kelo) & a daughter is getting married (add sound of $$$$$ going round & round - cha ching).

Jack

My wife and kids camped with my in-laws there a few summers back. It's a nice place as campsites go. Doubly so being as close as it is to the city. I'm not a camper, but I've been known to sip a Kool-Aid around the fire.
An added benefit to Winton Woods is its proximity to Johnnys Toys. One of the areas truly great hobby stores. Great engine prices. Unfortunately the kit selection has blown chunks of late.
Kelo-man? Sounds like a girly-man to me. Not coming to NARAM. SHEESH!

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2
Old 07-19-2005, 10:35 PM
Officially Middle-Aged Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRThro
I won't be making it to NARAM, but I do plan to be at NARCON next spring (though I guess it's still winter in Wisconsin in early March).

Same here - I'm going under the knife in early August (knee surgery - nothing too complicated) and then heading to Cape Cod for some R&R, but I'm going to NARCON if
I have to walk....

Sean
Old 07-19-2005, 11:28 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEL
Same here - I'm going under the knife in early August (knee surgery - nothing too complicated) and then heading to Cape Cod for some R&R, but I'm going to NARCON if
I have to walk....

If it's just one knee, conceivably you could hop...

Cheers,

--Jay
Old 07-19-2005, 11:33 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Default Narcon 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRThro
I won't be making it to NARAM, but I do plan to be at NARCON next spring (though I guess it's still winter in Wisconsin in early March).
I can't make it to Scenic but Humid Ohio since we're headed for the Oregon coast (800 miles away) early next month, but my wife has been looking at the travel guide for Kenosha, Wisconsin. Apparently a visit to the Jelly Belly factory (~6 miles west) is on our itinerary.

NARCON itself will hopefully involve plenty of quality time with guys named Carl and Bill and the like.

Cheers,

--Jay
Old 07-20-2005, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenturiGuy
I can't make it to Scenic but Humid Ohio since we're headed for the Oregon coast (800 miles away) early next month,...... --Jay

So you're coming to Oregon about the same time I'll be leaving. Where on the coast are you going?

Sean
Old 07-20-2005, 05:53 PM

Quote:
If it's just one knee, conceivably you could hop...

Cheers,

--Jay

I can do that, too. I was very disapointed that I couldn't make it to the last one to meet
Mr. Estes and his wife.

Question: is Lee Piester's last name pronounced "Pie-ster" or"Pee-ster". I've alwas gone with the former, but then again I always pronounced Estes "Est-ees" (and the Apogee II
"A-PODGE-ee" II, as well as a few other more embarassing mispronounciations)

Sean
Old 07-20-2005, 05:57 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEL
I can do that, too. I was very disapointed that I couldn't make it to the last one to meet Mr. Estes and his wife.

We're going to see if we can get them to come again in 2006.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 07-20-2005, 08:44 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Talking Piester: Pronounced "PEE-ster"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEL
So you're coming to Oregon about the same time I'll be leaving. Where on the coast are you going?
Newport. We visited Seaside while we were in the vicinity of Portland about 4-5 years ago, IIRC.

Quote:
Question: is Lee Piester's last name pronounced "Pie-ster" or"Pee-ster". I've alwas gone with the former,
(heavy sigh of mock disapproval) You shoulda gone with the ladder... I mean, "latter."

Quote:
but then again I always pronounced Estes "Est-ees" (and the Apogee II "A-PODGE-ee" II, as well as a few other more embarassing mispronounciations)
(chuckling) I remember reading the 1970's Centuri catalog with the FlutterBy, I think, and pronouncing the words "exotic" and "unique" as "ee-TOX-ic" and "un-KWI."

And I was embarrassed to mispronounce "Avenger" as "AV-en-jur" while talking with my former boss about motorcycles... of which he knew a lot, and I knew... (Schultz voice) "*NUSS-sink!*"

Cheers,

--Jay
(who *occasionally* consults Bill Eichelberger as "The Human Thesaurus")
Old 07-20-2005, 08:53 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Cheers,

--Jay

Which explains this:
pronouncing the words "exotic" and "unique" as "ee-TOX-ic" and "un-KWI."
Bill "I've never been able to say rural" Eichelberger

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Mini Dactyl Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Groonie Der V 1/2
Old 07-20-2005, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Newport. We visited Seaside while we were in the vicinity of Portland about 4-5 years ago, IIRC.

(heavy sigh of mock disapproval) You shoulda gone with the ladder... I mean, "latter."

(chuckling) I remember reading the 1970's Centuri catalog with the FlutterBy, I think, and pronouncing the words "exotic" and "unique" as "ee-TOX-ic" and "un-KWI."

And I was embarrassed to mispronounce "Avenger" as "AV-en-jur" while talking with my former boss about motorcycles... of which he knew a lot, and I knew... (Schultz voice) "*NUSS-sink!*"

Cheers,

--Jay

"PEE-ster", huh? Well I'll be dipped.....
Be sure to visit Mo's when you get to Newport for seafood - locally famous for their shrimp.

Sean