Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Weather-Cocked > Mission Control
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2005, 12:23 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

Bill,
It is nice being able to fly in my backyard....It is large and borders a 600+acre cornfield to the north, that the Combine just leveled (no more pesky corn stalks to hide rockets now).
Unfortuantely I have no pics of the launches....should have though...it was during a family party.
The Redstone is an original Estes kit I just built....I have two more "buildable" K-41's in my collection.
The Sky Dart Clone has no decals as of yet....somone just beat me out of a set on ebay !
On the last flight of the Aero-Dart, the chute (A NICE neon-green 30" Thrustline nylon chute)came detached from the rocket (yukk)....it actually recovered via tumbling payload attached to body via 7ft of kevlar shock cord.
Unfortunately it slammed into my deck where all the observers were, scaring many of them !
Other than embarassment, damage was limited to one small fin dent and a smashed "moldin oldies" Orion/Athena/AeroDart nose cone.

My Centuri Scorpion landed on the roof of my house, which was a nuisance to get down.
Other than that, the flights were nominal with no damage.

For some reason I just have not been able to bring myself to launch my Enerjet Athena Clone in my backyard for its first flight. I spent a LOT of time on this one and am a little apprehensive to fly it.

I would not trade my new house or rocket-capable yard for one with a pool....it helps that I'm installing a pool next year !

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, and HAVOC !

Last edited by ghrocketman : 10-26-2005 at 12:28 PM.