Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > The Golden Age of Model Rocketry > Model Rocket History
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2006, 11:09 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Exclamation One of the oldest professions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
whereas I know of no area of the USA that being a gigolo is legal !
Well, prostitution *is* legal in the state of Nevada.

...which gives an entirely *new* meaning to the invitation, "Come on out West."

--Jay
Old 01-23-2006, 08:10 AM
BAR Wannabee

Send a message via MSN to JRThro Send a message via Yahoo to JRThro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmzmm
I understand my good friend, Warren Benson (President of the NHRC #365 Section) will be a
featured speaker on modroc safety. While he's there, you all might also want to get him to
talk about modroc photography. Warren, over the past two years, has consistently captured
some of the most spectacular in-flight modroc photos I've ever seen anywhere. And, you
might also want to have him talk about his profession...I think he's an airline pilot for
Southwest Airlines.

Bummer, sure wish I could be in attendace (can't afford it right now, sorry!).

Dave, I'll be there and will be happy to act as the unofficial Challenger club representative this year.

And you're right, Warren is a pilot for Southwest, *and* he takes some great launch pictures!
John Thro, NAR #84553 SR
I was too old when I started! Now I'll *never* become a BAR!
Old 01-23-2006, 09:19 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRThro
Dave, I'll be there and will be happy to act as the unofficial Challenger club representative this year.

And you're right, Warren is a pilot for Southwest, *and* he takes some great launch pictures!

John, that's great you'll be in attendance. Are you going to get to stay for the entire duration of the convention? Either way, you're going to have a real blast of a lifetime. How
about keeping some notes and pics so a report can be made when you get back? Be sure
to attend the speech of Leroy Piester, past president of Centuri Engineering Co. Tell him
there's one guy in the Challenger/NHRC Section that still flies vintage Centuri models on
a regular basis...
Old 01-23-2006, 01:06 PM
The_Ripper

Well guys in spite of my best efforts to free myself of work obligations the weekend of March 10-12th, Narcon 2006 for me just isn't going to happen

Scott thanks for putting me in touch with Scott Goebel. He was willing to help put me in touch with others staying at the Marriott to tag along but my post-hurricane katrina work schedule - well lets just say it stinks.

I was thinking of making the non-attending purchase of the program book and cd-rom proceedings from the website.

For $13 including shipping I'll have the permanent reminder of the time I could have met both Lee Piester and Matt Steele in person - but didn't. This would have been my first ever NARCON.

SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates

Last edited by snaquin : 01-23-2006 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:59 PM
BAR Wannabee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmzmm
John, that's great you'll be in attendance. Are you going to get to stay for the entire duration of the convention? Either way, you're going to have a real blast of a lifetime. How
about keeping some notes and pics so a report can be made when you get back? Be sure
to attend the speech of Leroy Piester, past president of Centuri Engineering Co. Tell him
there's one guy in the Challenger/NHRC Section that still flies vintage Centuri models on
a regular basis...

Dave, I do plan to take lots of pictures and to get all the autographs I can, even of just "regular rocketeers" who I know from YORF, TRF, etc. And yes, I'll be there for the entire weekend; I get to Milwaukee/Kenosha on Friday afternoon and leave on Sunday afternoon.
John Thro, NAR #84553 SR
Old 01-23-2006, 03:07 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaquin
Well guys in spite of my best efforts to free myself of work obligations the weekend of March 10-12th, Narcon 2006 for me just isn't going to happen

Scott thanks for putting me in touch with Scott Goebel. He was willing to help put me in touch with others staying at the Marriott to tag along but my post-hurricane katrina work schedule - well lets just say it stinks.

I was thinking of making the non-attending purchase of the program book and cd-rom proceedings from the website.

For $13 including shipping I'll have the permanent reminder of the time I could have met both Lee Piester and Matt Steele in person - but didn't. This would have been my first ever NARCON.

Sorry you can't make it, Steve. By buying a copy of the proceedings CD-ROM you'll be getting a video of the talk given by Lee and Matt. So, all is not lost.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 01-23-2006, 04:20 PM
BAR Wannabee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
Sorry you can't make it, Steve. By buying a copy of the proceedings CD-ROM you'll be getting a video of the talk given by Lee and Matt. So, all is not lost.

Scott, what time(s) are those talks scheduled? I haven't found that bit of information on the narcon2006.org website.
John Thro, NAR #84553 SR
Old 01-23-2006, 04:51 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRThro
Scott, what time(s) are those talks scheduled? I haven't found that bit of information on the narcon2006.org website.

You heard it here first!

I have to post this on the NARCON site still, but since you asked, I'll post it here for you and anyone else interested. We won't have schedules for the seminars themselves till a couple weeks before NARCON. We keep adding more so we can't firm that up until then. Here's info on the other major events though.

NARCON 2006 will begin on Friday morning with a busload of middle school students coming in to Tallent Hall for a rocketry day. They will learn about the hobby while building a model rocket. NAR members will also instruct them on how rocketry relates to their science studies in school. After lunch the students will fly their creations in the abandoned parking lot to the East of Tallent hall.

The students will depart at around 2pm.

NARCON registration will open shortly thereafter at Molinaro hall. Vendors are able to begin setting up their wares at this time as well.

Several presentations will be scheduled for Friday afternoon beginning at 4pm.

The opening ceremonies and keynote address with Lee and Betty Piester will begin at 7pm.

Don't forget to patronize the Java Coast coffee bar on Saturday and Sunday morning. It's there for you!

Saturday morning presentations will be scheduled till 11:30 when Bunny will conduct the NAR town Hall meeting.

The lunch boxes will be passed out as you enter the room for the Town hall meeting.

Regular presentations will begin again at 1pm.

Micheal Wolff will give his presentation on Saturday afternoon at 4pm.

Saturday evening keynote speaker Matt Steele will begin at 7pm.

Sunday morning will bring another round of presentations that will conclude at about 2:30pm.
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 01-23-2006, 10:16 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:

Thanks Scott. I sent my payment through the NARCON 2006 webpage tonight for the purchase of the program book and cd-rom proceedings.
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates
Old 01-23-2006, 10:27 PM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Question

Quote:
By buying a copy of the proceedings CD-ROM you'll be getting a video of the talk given by Lee and Matt.
*Now* the "techie" in me is curious. Do you mean DVD? (No, that doesn't make any sense, if there's going to computer files on the disc.)

(heavy sigh of resignation) Hokay, Scott, you got some 'splainin' to do.

--Jay