Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Go Back   Ye Olde Rocket Forum > Work Bench > Vendors
User Name
Password
Auctions Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2006, 08:19 PM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rraeford
Still no image of the Taurus though.
Should be there now. Getting those decals on right when the instructions do not match the photos has taken many starts over the past few months.
Taurus page
Quote:
I suppose these will be making their debut at NARAM. Anyone know?
We are sure trying!
Quote:
The backgrounds for these images are getting more and more elaborate. Nice work Semroc.

Romie
Thanks!
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com
Old 06-28-2006, 08:20 PM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmzmm
Was just checking the images...the Aero-Dart shows that the D12-3 will take the model to
only 50'. Is that right?! Please tell me this is a typo...
Thanks for catching that!
It should be 450'.
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com
Old 06-28-2006, 08:37 PM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
Should be there now. Getting those decals on right when the instructions do not match the photos has taken many starts over the past few months.
Taurus page
We are sure trying!Thanks!

Glad to see that the Taurus has the white pods and rounded pod cones. Buzz might not like it, but I do.

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Centuri Design Contest F-150 Hurricane Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Gee'Hod, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc Starfighter Scorpion Estes F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Solar Sailer II Semroc Cyber III

Ready to fly: Estes - Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II Semroc - Earmark, Snake Jumper
Old 06-28-2006, 08:50 PM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
I sure hope all the "In the works" (which used to be coming soon...what gives?) kits shown on the Semroc site are released at NARAM. I think the LJII, Saturn 1B, and Hustler have been "coming soon" for around 6 months. "Soon" for a rocket kit is not 6 months....that is soon for a NEW Chevrolet Corvette to come out.
The last word I had on those kits was the only thing that prevented them from coming out at NARCON was the instructions....seems a long time for a pamphlet.

Carl's kits are always great and worth the wait, but I admit I'm gettin' impatient as I have had a gift cert burnin' a hole in my pocket since well before last X-mas when these kits were announced.
The SLS Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart, and SLS Explorer have been "in the works" for over three years now. The design goal has been to make the motor mounts interchangeable between 24 and 29 mm mounts between all three kits. We have that now with a similar twist-lock mount system similar to the SLS Laser-X.

I apologize for the delay and not being able to nail down what "soon" is. I responded to a question on the "other" forum about how soon we would produce motors.
That has been our dream since we started Semroc back up four years ago. Every dollar we have taken in has gone back into the company to expand our product line while maintaining the best quality and service that we can provide.

There are only three of us, each working 70-90 hours a week. We have to carefully plan our time and resources for maximum return. Estes sells more kits in one day than we have sold in the last four years, so we have to be more careful how each minute and each dollar is invested. Since we have always limited ourselves to the "Made in USA" philosophy, our profit margins and volumes will always be much lower when compared to companies that can take advantage of much more cost effective offshore labor and manufacturing costs.

In other (fewer) words, our customers are investing in the development of products we will produce in the future.

We are hurrying as fast as our resources allow, but if I push Sheryl and Bruce any harder, they might QUIT!
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com
Old 06-28-2006, 08:55 PM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

Quote:
Carl is obviously busy today because the Taurus illustration is now up and the Hustler image now has a new background.

Didn't notice the new price on the Hustler (ouch!).

Romie
It is still $45.00 for all that reserve before it is released.

Since we did the initial estimates of the cost of the Hustler and others, there has been some major increases in balsa, tubes, basswood, postage, and freight.
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com
Old 06-28-2006, 08:57 PM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

Quote:
Also, what happened to the V-2?
We still have the parts for the V-2, but it is so close to Thrustline's and ASP's, that I hate to go up against them.
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com
Old 06-28-2006, 09:00 PM
Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
It is still $45.00 for all that reserve before it is released.

Since we did the initial estimates of the cost of the Hustler and others, there has been some major increases in balsa, tubes, basswood, postage, and freight.

So, I should probably reserve another 1B and LJ II then for my "building" kits? I'm assuming at least the 1B final price will be higher then as well.

Speaking of reserve...Carl is pretty quick on stuff. I mentioned to him earlier tonight that the reservation page hadn't been updated since the end of March. Take a look at it now.

http://www.semroc.com/documents/reserve.asp
Ye Olde Rocket Forum
WOOSH NAR Section #558
Old 06-28-2006, 09:01 PM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initiator001
The Semroc website NOW features the SLS Lil' Hustler.

Price: $41.00

Bob
That was a mistake. The fins were added twice in the Bill of Material. It should be $35.00.
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com
Old 06-28-2006, 09:12 PM
Junior ??? Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
...A little out of my league, engine-wise, but I might make an exception in this case.

E9-6?
NAR#4717 L2
semroc.com
Old 06-28-2006, 09:58 PM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
Most BARs do not need the instructions for anything but all the most complex builds (Mars Lander, Saturn 1B), but even those could be fairly BASIC for BARs.

I've been to launches and talked with people that had been into rocketry for years and their rockets that looked like they had been built by 2nd graders. Some people need instructions (and help) for even the simplest of things.